14K Gold Electric Waterproof

14K Gold Electric Waterproof

Ted
Ted

October 11th, 2005, 9:58 pm #1

I recently inherited a vintage 14K solid gold electric waterproof Timex. I can't find any serial numbers. Can anyone tell me where I might find out more information about this watch? Thanks.

Ted

EdH
EdH

October 11th, 2005, 10:52 pm #2

Welcome to the Forum. If you will post some pix of your watch, this will help us to identify it for you.

Have you checked under the "6" marker for any numbers, such as: 10356 10979. The "6" marker would be between the two sets of numbers. The numbers to the left of the "6" marker would be the catalog/model number. The numbers to the right of the "6" marker would be the movement number and the last two digits of the year of production. In my example, the movement number would be "109" and the year of production would be "79" for 1979.

Otherwise, you might pop off the back of the watch and see if there are any numbers stamped in ink on the inside of the caseback.

Hope this heips.

Cheers,

Ed

Knut
Knut

October 12th, 2005, 5:49 am #3

I recently inherited a vintage 14K solid gold electric waterproof Timex. I can't find any serial numbers. Can anyone tell me where I might find out more information about this watch? Thanks.

Ted
...back-set, with the crown on the back? If so, it's likely that the number you are looking for is way on top of the dial - above the 12. You should be able to se a number there. Since you have that ( rare ) 14K gold case, there's propably a small crown symbol over "TIMEX" on the dial. If that is the case then your watch has the catalog number: 9064, with the movement number 84 and is from either 1966, 67 or 68 ( i.e. 90648467 ). If you don't see any numbers you have to take the crystal off. Looks like the watch came with a lizardgrain leather band. Hope this helps. WELCOME!

Knut

John
John

October 12th, 2005, 2:29 pm #4

Ted
on with his information. DO NOT try to remove the back unless you are sure you know if it will come off. Does the watch run? Thanks for leting us know about the watch. I'm sure everyone would enjoy a picture if possible.

electrichorologist
electrichorologist

October 12th, 2005, 4:21 pm #5

Ted
nt

Ted
Ted

October 12th, 2005, 6:37 pm #6

The watch does run. I will try to figure out how to upload some pictures over the weekend. Once I have the catalog number, how can I find out more about the history of the watch? I really appreciate all of the help.

Ted

electrichorologist
electrichorologist

October 12th, 2005, 7:31 pm #7

I believe that Dorsey told me that the 14k gold electrics were for Timex Employees.

Jay

Knut
Knut

October 12th, 2005, 7:41 pm #8

...is pictured in the Timex Manual, so I would assume that it was avaliable to the general public. I wonder what the price was?

Knut

Ted
Ted

October 12th, 2005, 8:44 pm #9

a Timex Manual? Also, my grandfather sold Timex watches at his store. The watch was either given to, or purchased by, my grandfather directly from Timex.

Ted

Richard
Richard

October 12th, 2005, 8:55 pm #10

check the sales page,,also there are a couple on E-Bay