What really constitutes a true superdome

Vintage Rolex Discussion

What really constitutes a true superdome

December 22nd, 2011, 1:18 am #1

there are many out there who state that T-39 is the highest of the superdomes and i definitely agree with that statement. the issue i have been seeing is that there seems to be a lot of variation as to what T-39 really looks like - in my opinion i have not seen so many as people think are being posted - to me some i have seen posted up here are yes superdomesque but not really true T-39 - i have seen the difference between the true T-39 that I know is legit and service one but i am not speaking of the rolex service T-39 - those are pretty obvious when you see them - however there seem to be a lot of other variations floating around here and i dont know what they really are - here is my latest T-39 on a 5512 - i know it looks high but its legit - i look forward to any information

Ron
Ron

December 22nd, 2011, 2:01 am #2

the 19 super dome would look best.

Nice tropical dial, but would look much better with the correct FF tropical insert

December 22nd, 2011, 2:55 am #3

there are many out there who state that T-39 is the highest of the superdomes and i definitely agree with that statement. the issue i have been seeing is that there seems to be a lot of variation as to what T-39 really looks like - in my opinion i have not seen so many as people think are being posted - to me some i have seen posted up here are yes superdomesque but not really true T-39 - i have seen the difference between the true T-39 that I know is legit and service one but i am not speaking of the rolex service T-39 - those are pretty obvious when you see them - however there seem to be a lot of other variations floating around here and i dont know what they really are - here is my latest T-39 on a 5512 - i know it looks high but its legit - i look forward to any information

nonetheless yours looks amazing and indeed will look much better with a tropical insert imho

Godspeed

ag

December 22nd, 2011, 12:42 pm #4

Much more interesting than the crystal

---Perpetual Knowledge---
-Perpetual Knowledge-

December 22nd, 2011, 10:40 pm #5

I've been looking for a true superdome t39 for my 1665. Finding it hard to find one. Sell me yours!

December 23rd, 2011, 1:43 am #6

i just listed it for sale on the market - i am not quite sure it is just as high as that one though thus my post about the domes - maybe because this is on a 5512 it looks higher who knows -