What is it about 1665s?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

What is it about 1665s?

April 11th, 2012, 10:20 am #1

On another forum, we have been discussing various references and which ones carry special appeal. For me, the 1665 sits top of my view. I love the fact that the 1665 was so integral in the development of Rolex as the pioneer of tool watches for divers. The link with Comex, HEV, and the entire history of Rolex around this era.... I find the history incredible. I also love the way that the 1665 sits so proud on the wrist. Being that bit deeper than the Sub, gives it more prominence. Yes, for me the 1665 is the watch I enjoy wearing most from my collection. Here is my Mk2 Patent Pending....the chocolate on the dial showing itself in this sun-shot. I love this watch!!

April 11th, 2012, 11:10 am #2

with my new mark 3 addition.

JBP

April 11th, 2012, 12:05 pm #3

On another forum, we have been discussing various references and which ones carry special appeal. For me, the 1665 sits top of my view. I love the fact that the 1665 was so integral in the development of Rolex as the pioneer of tool watches for divers. The link with Comex, HEV, and the entire history of Rolex around this era.... I find the history incredible. I also love the way that the 1665 sits so proud on the wrist. Being that bit deeper than the Sub, gives it more prominence. Yes, for me the 1665 is the watch I enjoy wearing most from my collection. Here is my Mk2 Patent Pending....the chocolate on the dial showing itself in this sun-shot. I love this watch!!

for me to own it. Thanks buddy and still wearing it. T + 145 days and counting

April 11th, 2012, 12:27 pm #4

Just SPECIAL >>>>

April 11th, 2012, 12:46 pm #5

I have to agree. I got this a few years back and still my favorite.

April 11th, 2012, 12:53 pm #6

To me It also has the look that it was made for deep diving. I have been wearing it more and more. Old photo.

April 11th, 2012, 1:06 pm #7

Amazing example btw, congrats and enjoy.

April 11th, 2012, 1:33 pm #8

April 11th, 2012, 1:36 pm #9

Wow...what a patina.... that is awesome

April 11th, 2012, 2:09 pm #10