What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in customs >>>

Vintage Rolex Discussion

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in customs >>>

September 19th, 2012, 7:59 am #1

...........................Geeday from the Chair and the Blunder Down Under ...............................

I guess you could say that the madness of what I'm about to show started here >>> But pls do hold On  >>>
http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/m ... 3B%26gt%3B

From that moment I was smitten with the Screw Pusher Panda Cosmo ,, but life in a wheelchair takes a heck of a toll on a watch , constant contact with the push rims not to mention when frequently I fall out after a spasm of an uneven floor join and kiss mother earth

So I knew I could NOT wear this Cosmo in the Chair , then occurred to me the thought , like the Thunder Down Under ,, why not build one I can

I do really LOVE to build Watches and Connect with them in a very different way than collecting or wearing

The journey was fraught with Peril LOL Uber Delays finding what I needed for this build , but I just have to reach out yet again ,, to my brother from annuda mudda Werner who helped make this dream a reality , Gatsby the GR8 One , Danke from your Burschi M8 down under I owe u BIG

The donor was from a best mate in Cali , a perfect complete D series 116520 >> Tanks Special K  

The Journey Begins >>>>

Sweet looking Bugger huh >>>

Now I needed a Tool (no not me albeit I resemble that remark) thanks Don u ROCK >>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

But how to use it ? Dunno , dun care let's just get at IT >>>

Enter the first custom part (just for Jocke , sorry for the tittle m8 but had too) >>>

Protection onboard ,, Well if it's Not on , its NOT ON >>>

2 , 4 , 6 , 8 Bog in dun wait >>>

No return from here it's ALL or Nada >>>

Man those Crystal OEM gaskets are as tight as a Fish's Bum >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

New OEM Gasket installed and ready to Press >>>

Guess I better get the etched coronet bang on at 6 , (crystal has a small etched coronet) anal I know but hey , shoot me >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

Better check the seal , 3 ATM here I GO >>>

Almost at 3 , so Far , So GOOD >>>

No fish farts , always a good Sign

First W'S >>>

Me likes Cosmo on Woven NATO >>>

Just when you thought you were OUT , they PULL you back IN ,, Wats This >>>

Why on earth pull her apart again >>>

Yep that's a white dial Alright >>>

And WHY takes those hands OFF >>>

I'll bet by NOW you can GUESS what's coming , a Skeleton Daytona >>>

KAKA >>> 

What I can say is that new OEM hands are a TIGHT FIT , best Support the jewels underneath or they may end up in China after the press fit >>>

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

Damn the 4130 is a killah movement , next mod will be an exhibition CASEBACK , So Pretty >>>

Grease up the gaskets , close her up and , way STOKED

Let's TRY that NATO again >>>

I know iPhone images suck but well ,, it's all I got >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

Maybe you can see where this is Going Now >>>

RACE ME Baby >>> The Retro Look I was After , Mini & Maxi >>>

Vintage for Special occasions and Maxi for a Beater >>>

So HAPPY with how this turned OUT >>>

And just ONE more (OCD in Overdrive) >>>

Once again thanks to Kenny in SoCal and Werner , I couldn't be HAPPIER , love doing this kind of work , and love the outcome

So Jocke in answer to ya question M8 >>>

A CUSTOM ROLEX , with some Vintage DNA

If you made it this far , perhaps I can recommend a good counsellor , mine SUCKS

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPO'S IM USING VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE TO TYPE THIS JUST LMK IF ANY CLARIFICATION IS REQUIRED ??

September 19th, 2012, 8:37 am #2

What a fantastic post from you, Brother --- you are an artist, very well done -- LOVE THE PANDA DAYTONA !!!!!!!!
Nobody can explain, why Rolex never made such a beautiful Panda -- now, we have one +++ WHAT A BEAUTY IT IS !!!!

ENJOY, MATE !!!!!!
yours
W

September 19th, 2012, 8:43 am #3

...........................Geeday from the Chair and the Blunder Down Under ...............................

I guess you could say that the madness of what I'm about to show started here >>> But pls do hold On  >>>

From that moment I was smitten with the Screw Pusher Panda Cosmo ,, but life in a wheelchair takes a heck of a toll on a watch , constant contact with the push rims not to mention when frequently I fall out after a spasm of an uneven floor join and kiss mother earth

So I knew I could NOT wear this Cosmo in the Chair , then occurred to me the thought , like the Thunder Down Under ,, why not build one I can

I do really LOVE to build Watches and Connect with them in a very different way than collecting or wearing

The journey was fraught with Peril LOL Uber Delays finding what I needed for this build , but I just have to reach out yet again ,, to my brother from annuda mudda Werner who helped make this dream a reality , Gatsby the GR8 One , Danke from your Burschi M8 down under I owe u BIG

The donor was from a best mate in Cali , a perfect complete D series 116520 >> Tanks Special K  

The Journey Begins >>>>

Now I needed a Tool (no not me albeit I resemble that remark) thanks Don u ROCK >>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Enter the first custom part (just for Jocke , sorry for the tittle m8 but had too) >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Guess I better get the etched coronet bang on at 6 , (crystal has a small etched coronet) anal I know but hey , shoot me >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

What I can say is that new OEM hands are a TIGHT FIT , best Support the jewels underneath or they may end up in China after the press fit >>>

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

Damn the 4130 is a killah movement , next mod will be an exhibition CASEBACK , So Pretty >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

Once again thanks to Kenny in SoCal and Werner , I couldn't be HAPPIER , love doing this kind of work , and love the outcome

If you made it this far , perhaps I can recommend a good counsellor , mine SUCKS

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPO'S IM USING VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE TO TYPE THIS JUST LMK IF ANY CLARIFICATION IS REQUIRED ??
Very inspiring. I have no problems with customizing modern Rolies, from a design point of view they need help .

Thanks for sharing.

Is.

September 19th, 2012, 9:01 am #4

The Journey Begins >>>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

The racing dial is one of Rolex's better designs for a long time. Great imagination, Hammer.

Best ...MC

September 19th, 2012, 9:48 am #5

The Journey Begins >>>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

Great Look!!!

September 19th, 2012, 10:28 am #6

Hammer,
Very cool journey! From where comes the bezel?
Thx, mcotter

September 19th, 2012, 11:12 am #7

The Journey Begins >>>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

Alan & Co for an eye catching custom racing dial & hands.

Thanks for sharing Hammer and wear it in good health

September 19th, 2012, 12:27 pm #8

The Journey Begins >>>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

Great piece of work H--looks super--regards

September 19th, 2012, 1:36 pm #9

The Journey Begins >>>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

Great costum job!

September 19th, 2012, 3:17 pm #10

The Journey Begins >>>>

Ohhhh yeah OEM Rolex >>>

Got Cha ya Bugger >>>

Side fit looks Good >>>

Yep she's on Alright >>>

NICE >>>

Looking GOOD >>>

First W'S >>>

KAKA >>> 

Almost DONE Hoorah >>>

OYSTER ME BABY >>>  

Black is Back >>>

And Vertical >>> 

"Power Up"

Cheers Hammer

...and looks wonderful with the red hands