Vintage Servicing Recommendation

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Vintage Servicing Recommendation

June 22nd, 2012, 1:47 pm #1

All--

Can anyone recommend a good servicing option for a 1965 gilt 5513? Appears to be running fine but I love the watch and with service history unknown would like to have it looked at.

Here's the (potentially) tough part--it has replacement hands that are rather lighter than the dial and I'd love to have them better matched, if possible.

So looking for someone reliable, fairly priced who might have a selection of hands that could be used, as well.

Appreciate any and all thoughts.

Best,
Paul

flyingwedge
VRF Member
flyingwedge
VRF Member

June 22nd, 2012, 2:00 pm #2

Bob Ridley @ Watchmakers International

YetiBiker
VRF Member
YetiBiker
VRF Member

June 22nd, 2012, 3:35 pm #3

All--

Can anyone recommend a good servicing option for a 1965 gilt 5513? Appears to be running fine but I love the watch and with service history unknown would like to have it looked at.

Here's the (potentially) tough part--it has replacement hands that are rather lighter than the dial and I'd love to have them better matched, if possible.

So looking for someone reliable, fairly priced who might have a selection of hands that could be used, as well.

Best,
Paul
Try ABC Watchworks in LA

Jacek_K
VRF Member
Jacek_K
VRF Member

June 22nd, 2012, 6:34 pm #4

All--

Best,
Paul
Both are fantastic.

rapid99
VRF Member
rapid99
VRF Member

June 23rd, 2012, 1:57 am #5

X2....both have A+ service!