$100,000 Vintage 6538...Expert opinons needed please!

Vintage Rolex Discussion

$100,000 Vintage 6538...Expert opinons needed please!

October 8th, 2011, 3:00 pm #1

A dear friend of mine emailed me with pictures of a watch he is looking to purchase. The seller is from Europe and is asking $100,000 for the following watch with box and papers. THIS IS NOT MY WATCH NOR AM I SELLING IT!

My friend asked me for my opinion and I gave it to him, he is about to make a purchase and I am asking for any experts with knowledge on vintage 6538's to please comment on this watch. Anything you can add to help make the decision would be most appreciated. Thank You

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

October 8th, 2011, 3:14 pm #2

nt

October 8th, 2011, 3:16 pm #3

He is looking for opinions as well as comments.. Please. THX

October 8th, 2011, 3:17 pm #4

A dear friend of mine emailed me with pictures of a watch he is looking to purchase. The seller is from Europe and is asking $100,000 for the following watch with box and papers. THIS IS NOT MY WATCH NOR AM I SELLING IT!

My friend asked me for my opinion and I gave it to him, he is about to make a purchase and I am asking for any experts with knowledge on vintage 6538's to please comment on this watch. Anything you can add to help make the decision would be most appreciated. Thank You

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
what u mean by that my friend??

October 8th, 2011, 3:42 pm #5

October 8th, 2011, 3:47 pm #6

what u mean by that my friend??
a lot of work went into that section over the years..

Also do some independent internet research, such as finding correct dials and comparing them to the one in question.

A

http://rolexnessreviews.blogspot.com/

October 8th, 2011, 3:51 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
The seller(s) are actually from Ukraine/Russia and have been trying to sell some watches "privately" to european collectors.
Complete fake except for movement.
Have been offering high-end Pateks as well where movement and dial are ok but case is fake/cloned

Beware!!

Ciao, D

October 8th, 2011, 4:17 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Nice Photos!

October 8th, 2011, 6:54 pm #9

nt
Cheers,

Bas.nl

October 8th, 2011, 8:34 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Anyone think its real?