Update: Pablo Cantos, aka Pablo6263 is reputable and legitimate buyer, I am a jerk...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Update: Pablo Cantos, aka Pablo6263 is reputable and legitimate buyer, I am a jerk...

May 16th, 2012, 9:11 pm #1

A few days ago I posted asking if anyone had ever done business with Pablo Cantos from Spain. I received a response that sounded exactly like the "bank problem" I was having with Pablo and my transaction. I "assumed" the deal was some kind of scam and went so far as to post on VRF that Mr. Cantos was a "time waster'.
Well...
Pablo was telling the truth about the bank wire that took longer than any bank wire (2 weeks) in bank history. It arrived today, much to my surprise!
I want to formally and publicly offer my apology, via the same medium which I posted my criticism.
Pablo is a straight person and I would have no problem doing business with him, should he want to do business with me.
Again, my sincerest apologies for jumping the gun.

JB

May 16th, 2012, 9:26 pm #2

This things happen, i appreciate your patience as well. And i hope to do more business with you in the future...if I still collecting Rolex!!!! hopefully, yes.

best regards

Pablo

May 16th, 2012, 9:31 pm #3

A few days ago I posted asking if anyone had ever done business with Pablo Cantos from Spain. I received a response that sounded exactly like the "bank problem" I was having with Pablo and my transaction. I "assumed" the deal was some kind of scam and went so far as to post on VRF that Mr. Cantos was a "time waster'.
Well...
Pablo was telling the truth about the bank wire that took longer than any bank wire (2 weeks) in bank history. It arrived today, much to my surprise!
I want to formally and publicly offer my apology, via the same medium which I posted my criticism.
Pablo is a straight person and I would have no problem doing business with him, should he want to do business with me.

JB
European banks sometimes withheld wire for 8-10 business days, why no idea, but for example switzerland some banks request 2 days prior to release the funds to your account, other timer 5 days for the funds to be released into your account. So my 2 cents , we American are use to receive wire in 10 min ,,, ahh lovely America...

May 16th, 2012, 9:33 pm #4

so this was odd, but still I should have kept my big mouth shut. I am known for having a big mouth though...

May 16th, 2012, 10:13 pm #5

least you have big balls to admit when you are wrong JB !! good for you buddy

The Oysterator
The Oysterator

May 16th, 2012, 10:25 pm #6

Well...

JB

May 17th, 2012, 12:37 am #7

Well...

JB
...so you should come back to Brooklyn ASAP !!!

May 17th, 2012, 12:47 am #8

Well...

JB
John and Pablo, you both deserve much credit. We "lurkers" saw this thread originally and kept our mouths shut. (I call myself a "lurker" and hopefully can contribute enough to shed the title someday). The lack of responce to the original thread is enough to make me think something had gone astray. As a "lurker" and frequent buyer on VRM, I give you both praise that niether have taken this to the level that it could have gone.

Pablo.......you could have responded negative to JB....but didin't because your account showed the debit. Now kicks in the concern that a scam has happened to your funds.

"da real john j buckley" .......you could have gone ballistic thinking you have been scammed........but didn't.

We have all had these 2 week, loose sleep at night deals that end...when one day we wake up and find all is well and we move on.

Congrats Pablo and JB for a good transaction and for being good examples on how patience resolves most issues, especially when third parties control so much of what we enjoy doing.......CHEERS!!!!

May 17th, 2012, 3:17 am #9

I have been mainly a lurker here for many years and have read a lot of slanging matches ( unfortunately , very personal at times ) over the years. This response by John and Pablo is a reminder to all of us on how we should behave. Kudos to John Buckley for admitting he was wrong.

I take this opportunity to put on record that IMHO, 2 individuals that I am a big fan of is John ( aka fatboyharris ) and Tom ( the dial archive coordinator ). In all the heated debates I have read on this forum, they have shown much civility, especially John who has the ability to understand the controversy and put in writing very succinctly in a calm and rational manner highlighting both sides of the argument.

Cheers, AndrewK

May 17th, 2012, 12:51 pm #10

John and Pablo, you both deserve much credit. We "lurkers" saw this thread originally and kept our mouths shut. (I call myself a "lurker" and hopefully can contribute enough to shed the title someday). The lack of responce to the original thread is enough to make me think something had gone astray. As a "lurker" and frequent buyer on VRM, I give you both praise that niether have taken this to the level that it could have gone.

Pablo.......you could have responded negative to JB....but didin't because your account showed the debit. Now kicks in the concern that a scam has happened to your funds.

"da real john j buckley" .......you could have gone ballistic thinking you have been scammed........but didn't.

We have all had these 2 week, loose sleep at night deals that end...when one day we wake up and find all is well and we move on.

Congrats Pablo and JB for a good transaction and for being good examples on how patience resolves most issues, especially when third parties control so much of what we enjoy doing.......CHEERS!!!!
I´m very happy if our experience can be a good example of how to behave. John and myself just tried to be honest and serious. Our reputation is the only thing we have...best regards!