Unusual disapperance in Belgium. "Le Joaillier"

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Unusual disapperance in Belgium. "Le Joaillier"

March 8th, 2016, 1:13 am #1

hy everyone,

i don't no if anybody know or deal with a vintage rolex dealer knowed as mickael in bruxel belgium. he is the owner of a relative notorious jewelry and vintage watche shop, in bruxelles, le sablon.
the shop name is "le joaillier".
I have deal in the past with him, i sold him watches and parts. I always been paying in time, and entirely.
I have for habit to visit his web site every month, to look what's come new ect... End 2015 i noticed that the web site 'lejoaillier" is no more available, it was closed. And last week on a vintage watche forum a belgium collector wrote that the jewelry is closed, that nobody know where is the owner or his family, and that he is gone with the whole stock and also every watches in service, the belgium collector explain that he has been stoled.

i believe that many belgium Professional and collectors active on VRF are aware of this fact but i will appreciate if anybody know the entire and right story or infos

best regards

tropigold
Last edited by fantastictime on March 8th, 2016, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 8th, 2016, 6:57 am #2

It happened a while back. He's gone.

As far as I am informef it started with a simple credit issue / mismanagement. Now he's 100% off grid.

Cheers

Morgan

March 9th, 2016, 11:55 am #3

hy everyone,

i don't no if anybody know or deal with a vintage rolex dealer knowed as mickael in bruxel belgium. he is the owner of a relative notorious jewelry and vintage watche shop, in bruxelles, le sablon.
I have deal in the past with him, i sold him watches and parts. I always been paying in time, and entirely.
I have for habit to visit his web site every month, to look what's come new ect... End 2015 i noticed that the web site 'lejoaillier" is no more available, it was closed. And last week on a vintage watche forum a belgium collector wrote that the jewelry is closed, that nobody know where is the owner or his family, and that he is gone with the whole stock and also every watches in service, the belgium collector explain that he has been stoled.

i believe that many belgium Professional and collectors active on VRF are aware of this fact but i will appreciate if anybody know the entire and right story or infos

best regards

tropigold
lots of people are looking for him. anybody know where he is?

March 11th, 2016, 3:07 pm #4

hy everyone,

best regards

tropigold
I was a customer at le Joaillier and bought and sold a few watches the past years.
Official company name : King Jewelery
Michael Djanashwili, Jewish watch dealer who had some nice pieces sometimes. He paid correctly, never any issues

Web site closed, shop closed, cell phones disconnected and he presumably moved away with wife and family.
Rolex had a big law suit ongoing against him for using official Rolex promo material in his shop, maybe het lost it and could'nt pay ?

To bad to hear that some collectors lost watches that were in service ! whatever the reason of his closing business should not affect honest customers.
I hope they can somehow track him down and if he ows to people he should do the right thing

changes are few i guess...
Last edited by robby1965 on March 11th, 2016, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2016, 12:08 pm #5

hy everyone,

best regards

tropigold
I mean. ... He get a lot of watche for sale and i am sure he will sold them via internet. then what append if any buy a watche Who was registrered into his shop .?

Dose it appear as a stolen watche ?

March 14th, 2016, 9:13 am #6

Why, did you buy one ? :-)

March 14th, 2016, 1:25 pm #7

If this thread is "taken at face value" then a very much related thread of recent vintage entitled, "your purchase later turns out to be a stolen timepiece?" is relevant to this.

March 14th, 2016, 9:38 pm #8

Why, did you buy one ? :-)
No i ha en t any contact but simple asking what append in this fact....

March 15th, 2016, 11:54 pm #9

If this thread is "taken at face value" then a very much related thread of recent vintage entitled, "your purchase later turns out to be a stolen timepiece?" is relevant to this.
ditto Jeff!!!!

Con
Con

March 30th, 2016, 7:36 pm #10

No i ha en t any contact but simple asking what append in this fact....
I bought a watch from him. He asked me to wire him the money and never sent the watch. He stole over 5000 euros from me. Anyone with any information about him please let me know. It appears he stole from a lot of other people as well