Tudor - Despite the launching of the Heritage Black Bay, Advisor and friends...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Tudor - Despite the launching of the Heritage Black Bay, Advisor and friends...

April 7th, 2016, 3:59 pm #1

the Tudor brand was not doing well to say the least.
After Carmello Armeli, Davide Cerrato this is now Philippe Peverelli the boss of Tudor quitting
his position being replaced by Eric Pirson (ex Rolex).
In less that 12 months the whole Tudor management has been changed.
What's happening one might ask? Maybe we should relate these facts with the
the coming of Stefano Notari new Commercial Manager at Rolex whose job will be to boost both brands distribution....
So bye bye AD's? Louis Vuittons as a distribution model? Wait and see.
For those of you knowing him Email me if you are interested about Peverelli's new job.

April 8th, 2016, 2:27 am #2

Of the turnover.

My AD sent all the Tudor line back and doesn't carry them anymore.
I ask my watchmaker why, and he said rhey were not selling.

Weird.

April 8th, 2016, 3:19 am #3

Personally I never liked Tudor. I see sales down for the foreseeable future for all watch brands across the board. IMHO the markets have changed and new watches are very expensive.

April 8th, 2016, 8:39 am #4

but the quality and design of Tudor watches improved so much , remember that they earned
Two "Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève" (2013 et 2015).
So maybe too close to the sun? Management? Politics?

April 8th, 2016, 12:10 pm #5

After Carmello Armeli, Davide Cerrato this is now Philippe Peverelli the boss of Tudor quitting
the coming of Stefano Notari new Commercial Manager at Rolex whose job will be to boost both brands distribution....
For those of you knowing him Email me if you are interested about Peverelli's new job.
especially with the widening of the range to have an in house movement, they are at a price point which really competes with many Swiss brands, even Seiko has moved upmarket and commanding serious money for some of their watches, a real change from those early days of consumable and disposable watches.

Tudor needs to work past the poor mans Rolex perception and image, very much how Bentley was seen for many years whilst under the RR banner..........they need to truly focus on their market segment.

At their current price point they should have an in house movement, otherwise they are no more than all the trendy watch brands which just have a brand name on the face and assembled from mass producing suppliers and usually do not hold their resale value, which is one of the reasons and a great selling point of Rolex watches.

It could and I wouldn't be surprised if Rolex is testing the market as far as introduction of vintage features thru the Tudor brand and how receptive and large the market is to vintage style watches outside of the vintage enthusiast market, who knows. If that is the case at least such action will not dilute the Rolex brand adversely if it doesn't work out and you dont undermine resale values with lots of unsold watches.

Could be a good reason to buy a Blackbay with the in house movement and vintage style bracelet before the brand potentially disappears again from many markets.

regards

John
Last edited by fatboyharris on April 8th, 2016, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 8th, 2016, 12:48 pm #6

http://watchesbysjx.com/2016/04/tudor-c ... rolex.html