Tudor Date+Day 7017: Day wheel in sunday red?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Tudor Date+Day 7017: Day wheel in sunday red?

June 4th, 2012, 7:10 am #1

Hi all

I just acquired a Tudor Date+Day 7017 over the weekend. There's something that has me concerned - the font on the day-wheel looks markedly different from what I see in many photos (a little taller), and the "Sunday" is in red.

Does anyone know if this is an accepted variation for the Tudor day-dates?

I will try and post some photos when I get home today if anyone needs to see it.

June 4th, 2012, 8:01 am #2

I have never seen one with a red sunday wheel. Try to post a scan.

Cheers

Morgan

http://www.tudorcollector.com

June 4th, 2012, 3:51 pm #3

Hi all

I just acquired a Tudor Date+Day 7017 over the weekend. There's something that has me concerned - the font on the day-wheel looks markedly different from what I see in many photos (a little taller), and the "Sunday" is in red.

I will try and post some photos when I get home today if anyone needs to see it.
No red on my 7020/0.
dP
[/IMG]

June 4th, 2012, 6:19 pm #4

Hi all

Hi folks

Some photos uploaded. Thanks for any responses.
... is the day wheel correct? Is the rest of the dial ok?

I adjusted the day:

... your opinions welcome!

June 4th, 2012, 7:01 pm #5

Your's has the second version dial (mine has the first) that appears legit, although I don't have another to compare.
Being colorblind I cant tell if the date is black or red. Maybe the day wheel was changed to a different language at one time? I've seen that font before but not sure if it's authentic. Morgan should be along soon to verify.
dP

June 5th, 2012, 3:45 am #6

Thanks Dan.. I'm waiting for some opinions but so far, I'm not optimistic about the day disc. I have a few more days to think about it and decide if I want to keep it.

June 5th, 2012, 10:53 am #7

No red on my 7020/0.
dP
[/IMG]
Dan
Just took another look. Where did you get the flush-fitted end-pieces to match the 7020?

Are they original to the watch?

June 5th, 2012, 12:02 pm #8

These are custom made by a member of The Rolex Forum (etur). He makes them for many Rolex and Tudor references, including two tone. They just sit between the case and strap and make any strap look OEM. Very reasonably priced and super high quality.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Also had a set made for my GMT.
[/IMG]
dP

kelvin
kelvin

June 5th, 2012, 3:21 pm #9

Dan
Very nice. Thanks for the lead.

June 5th, 2012, 3:23 pm #10

These are custom made by a member of The Rolex Forum (etur). He makes them for many Rolex and Tudor references, including two tone. They just sit between the case and strap and make any strap look OEM. Very reasonably priced and super high quality.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Also had a set made for my GMT.
[/IMG]
dP
Dan
thanks for the lead. These are very cool.