Threatening legal action on the forum...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Threatening legal action on the forum...

July 31st, 2012, 5:47 pm #1

...will result in instantaneous loss of posting privileges. If you find it necessary to sue then the time for posting is over and the time for action has begun. I will assure you all posts will remain available for use by all parties.

The threat of legal action as a tool of intimidation or a negotiating ploy will be treated exactly the same. Zero tolerance.

July 31st, 2012, 6:34 pm #2

Good policy!

July 31st, 2012, 6:37 pm #3

...will result in instantaneous loss of posting privileges. If you find it necessary to sue then the time for posting is over and the time for action has begun. I will assure you all posts will remain available for use by all parties.

The threat of legal action as a tool of intimidation or a negotiating ploy will be treated exactly the same. Zero tolerance.

When people start insisting they have "rights" on other people's PRIVATE websites, things spiral downward to stupidity.

I enjoy this site and most of the commentary/insight/photos but when people start chest thumping and getting into each others faces in an uncivil manner, it is the RIGHT of the owner to ban/delete/lock whatever he/she wishes!

Cheers

July 31st, 2012, 6:53 pm #4

thank you RC (nt)

July 31st, 2012, 6:56 pm #5

You and of course the Mods. are what makes the VRF and VRM so great..

July 31st, 2012, 7:57 pm #6

What the hell.....

I really feel sorry such crazy behavior is happing here... as said... if you don't stand the heat ... stay away from the fire...
As always Richard good call... but so sorry such steps have to even been thought about!

Best,... and let's talk soon..

B

July 31st, 2012, 8:09 pm #7

That just because they may be Kings or Queens of their own kingdoms.....they are equal on VRF and need to act appropriately!

July 31st, 2012, 10:05 pm #8

How disappointing it is to log on this morning to find the "battle" still raging.

I am also disappointed I was "draged" into it by stating, "I have one of those". I must say I dont understand how that is relevant to the arguement as I didnt comment about the "stellas" as I know nothing about them.

To clarify, the "member" advised me that he would authenticate the watch. I advised the member I knew exactly what the watch was but id be happy to send him a picture next time I had it out... pretty simple.

I love that VRF is a place where robust debate occurs, very few "nampy pampy" posts, and passionate arguements are not deleted because of "thin skinned" members like on other forums.... thats what makes this place GREAT... Having said that I think we crossed the line in recent days,

A.

August 1st, 2012, 1:14 am #9

Yes, we did, and more than one of us...but the mere realisation of this means that we are not beyond redemption...LOOL.

May there be more " stick to facts" debates, spiced up, if you like, with some colourful language, but no intimidation , pleaaase...

Best ...MC

August 1st, 2012, 1:42 am #10

It used to be the BIG EGO guys would go at it until somebody got the last word. Now its threats of legal action...lol Nobody knows everything no matter how much some think they do. We are all here because we like vintage Rolex watches.My advise is to chill out step away from the pc and enjoy the summer.