This Rolex has some issues someone needs to be aware of.

Vintage Rolex Discussion

This Rolex has some issues someone needs to be aware of.

August 16th, 2011, 12:16 am #1

FYI:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/m ... iful%21%29

This appears to be a parts watch. The seller has a 1961, 1675 with a:

Newer dial,
Newer hands,
Newer bracelet,

The only thing is from 1961 is the case and movement and he wants 5,400.00 for this parts watch.

August 16th, 2011, 12:29 am #2

I do not think the seller tried to misrepresent.
Buyer can ask any additional questions.
Are you playing the policeman here ?

August 16th, 2011, 12:35 am #3

FYI:

Newer dial,
Newer hands,
Newer bracelet,

The only thing is from 1961 is the case and movement and he wants 5,400.00 for this parts watch.
Best Regards,

David.

August 16th, 2011, 12:40 am #4

I do not think the seller tried to misrepresent.
Buyer can ask any additional questions.
Are you playing the policeman here ?
If someone does not know Rolex watches and buys this parts watch thinking it is the real deal they are in for a let down unless you sell parts watches also.

August 16th, 2011, 12:58 am #5

Not all watches out there are as they left the factory 40 or 50 years ago.
Who died and left you in charge ?
Did the seller make any claim that is not true?
Are the pictures not of the watch offered for sale?

August 16th, 2011, 1:23 am #6

A real authentic Rolex watch needs to have clarification on what has been changed. If you sell a watch from parts you need to state it.

People depend on us for selling a watch that is authentic and not a mis matched parts watch. We are no better than EBay selling junk that is not an authentic Rolex.

If a Rolex watch is in need of replacement parts the parts need to be sourced for that year and not something from any old year.

Junk Rolex watches scatter the internet, you do not need to have them here, people who do not know Rolex watches will be burned.

Look at the quality watches here and then see this one, it gives the forum a black eye if the seller is not honest and state about the changes.

Unless you are a shady seller and your collections of watches are parts watches then you should understand what I am saying. If not well then I can see why you are standing up for this parts watch.

TRF has tight rules of selling, one of them is to be honest and open about changes to a watch and it must be brought up in the sale of the watch, TRF does not have a policy of buyer beware like you are implying here.

Steve M. is very good about his descriptions of watches; he is honest and clear about his Rolex watches. No one can say Steve M has parts watches, no one can say Steve M. hides anything when selling a watch.

August 16th, 2011, 1:36 am #7

FYI:

Newer dial,
Newer hands,
Newer bracelet,

1. fraudster and scam artists.

2. fake and counterfeit watches and parts

3. Claims made by a seller that are simply untrue.

4. the lack of a return policy that begins to address how a problem is resolved if a dispute arises.

Past that we are a forum of grown ups in a free society, so some element of responsibility is placed on the buyer to learn about either what they are buying or whom they are buying it from or both. How much or how little is included in a sales post, how good or how poor the scans are ....these are not matters we can control...but a sensible buyer would use their own judgement to assess both the amount of information provided and the quality of that information and if in doubt would either pass, or ask the questions on the main forum.

whilst this may seem like a clear cut case, what would you for example say of a 3.2million redsub with a meters first dial ??? ...parts watch , lash up...or old stock used up....i can tell you now there are experts on here who would tell you both...... so this is why it is impossible to police beyond what i stated above.

believe what you like about other sales forums, i can tell you now they are exactly the same and plenty of things get sold that are put together.
Last edited by jedly1 on August 16th, 2011, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 16th, 2011, 1:37 am #8

FYI:

Newer dial,
Newer hands,
Newer bracelet,

I have no dog in this fight but pls take the arguments privately :-( Peace out guys. (nt)

August 16th, 2011, 1:39 am #9

A real authentic Rolex watch needs to have clarification on what has been changed. If you sell a watch from parts you need to state it.

People depend on us for selling a watch that is authentic and not a mis matched parts watch. We are no better than EBay selling junk that is not an authentic Rolex.

If a Rolex watch is in need of replacement parts the parts need to be sourced for that year and not something from any old year.

Junk Rolex watches scatter the internet, you do not need to have them here, people who do not know Rolex watches will be burned.

Look at the quality watches here and then see this one, it gives the forum a black eye if the seller is not honest and state about the changes.

Unless you are a shady seller and your collections of watches are parts watches then you should understand what I am saying. If not well then I can see why you are standing up for this parts watch.

TRF has tight rules of selling, one of them is to be honest and open about changes to a watch and it must be brought up in the sale of the watch, TRF does not have a policy of buyer beware like you are implying here.

Steve M. is very good about his descriptions of watches; he is honest and clear about his Rolex watches. No one can say Steve M has parts watches, no one can say Steve M. hides anything when selling a watch.
Who are you to throw accusations around ?
You showed up here a week or two ago and you already rock the boat.
This is not TRF but VRF. I think the buyers are much more knowledgeable here
about vintage Rolex and most do not need you as a policeman.
The watch is what it is. Not everybody is a purist who needs to have the watch as it left the factory. You apparently are, so this watch is not for you. Why are you trying to push your standard on everybody else?
The rules we live by here are that the watch should be what it is represented as and no fake watches or fake parts. There is no rule that prohibits one from selling a watch with a later issue dial or replaced hands or newer bracelet.

August 16th, 2011, 1:42 am #10

1. fraudster and scam artists.

2. fake and counterfeit watches and parts

3. Claims made by a seller that are simply untrue.

4. the lack of a return policy that begins to address how a problem is resolved if a dispute arises.

Past that we are a forum of grown ups in a free society, so some element of responsibility is placed on the buyer to learn about either what they are buying or whom they are buying it from or both. How much or how little is included in a sales post, how good or how poor the scans are ....these are not matters we can control...but a sensible buyer would use their own judgement to assess both the amount of information provided and the quality of that information and if in doubt would either pass, or ask the questions on the main forum.

whilst this may seem like a clear cut case, what would you for example say of a 3.2million redsub with a meters first dial ??? ...parts watch , lash up...or old stock used up....i can tell you now there are experts on here who would tell you both...... so this is why it is impossible to police beyond what i stated above.

believe what you like about other sales forums, i can tell you now they are exactly the same and plenty of things get sold that are put together.
I would refrain from doing so.
May be now he understands.