The Military Green Box is genuine.....

Vintage Rolex Discussion

The Military Green Box is genuine.....

November 1st, 2011, 5:26 pm #1

and I would buy it and all the Rolex tin boxes, tubes, and containers are original. But alas it stops there. Everything else is aftermarket.

I have just met the seller and viewed the items, they were kind enough to come to my place. They are not fraudsters, they have no idea what they have, and received over 1000 emails, it was all a bit much for them. They are honest people.

It seems someone had found this old military box full of empty Rolex tins, tubes and papers, and tried to take it further with aftermarket dials, hands, and insert. I can tell you that the inserts were easy to make out as aftermarket, the dials a little bit more difficult, but the hands nearly passed as original. They were that good.

I think I am the first to have seen them.

Here are some scans.

Best,

K

November 1st, 2011, 5:41 pm #2

congratulation ! the dream doesn't exists on ebay....

November 1st, 2011, 5:46 pm #3

and I would buy it and all the Rolex tin boxes, tubes, and containers are original. But alas it stops there. Everything else is aftermarket.

I have just met the seller and viewed the items, they were kind enough to come to my place. They are not fraudsters, they have no idea what they have, and received over 1000 emails, it was all a bit much for them. They are honest people.

It seems someone had found this old military box full of empty Rolex tins, tubes and papers, and tried to take it further with aftermarket dials, hands, and insert. I can tell you that the inserts were easy to make out as aftermarket, the dials a little bit more difficult, but the hands nearly passed as original. They were that good.

Here are some scans.

Best,

K

So, did they tell you where this box came from?

G

November 1st, 2011, 5:52 pm #4

nt

November 1st, 2011, 6:28 pm #5

Here are some scans.

Best,

K

withdrawn item from ebay.

Well thats that.

Best,

K

November 1st, 2011, 6:32 pm #6

November 1st, 2011, 6:36 pm #7

withdrawn item from ebay.

Well thats that.

Best,

K
The ebay seller is no longer a registered user despite having the account since January 2004 and having a 62 feedback..................

November 1st, 2011, 6:38 pm #8

Here are some scans.

Best,

K

nt
Last edited by Bjsonline on November 1st, 2011, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 1st, 2011, 7:01 pm #9

The ebay seller is no longer a registered user despite having the account since January 2004 and having a 62 feedback..................
..and removed them it would be a shame if they were genuine, did they have good reason to use the word 'military' in the listing title? if not they knew what they were doing.

November 1st, 2011, 7:30 pm #10

Here are some scans.

Best,

K

I assume this gentleman really didn't know what he had and therefore also didn't pay much for the box and the stuff in it. So if somebody would have wanted to make a lot of money on this that did not happen. Only reason to do so I can think of is to want to prank the vintage Rolex/mil watch community. And then this way of getting it to the market is not failsafe enough. Anyway: it was a nice dream for a lot of people and luckily nobody get hurt.

Anyway: thank you for posting.