The joy of this hobby...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

The joy of this hobby...

February 18th, 2012, 11:35 am #1

Can be defined, for me, in these photographs. two watches, an unbelievable 94 years of history between them, and both overflowing with charm, warmth and character. I can't really explain or justify to those who don't share this obsession the time and money I spend thinking about (or drooling over) watches, but if I had to try, then this is how I'd do it. And yes, I'm aware that some of you guys may regard these watches as pretty mundane (I've seen some of the esoteric beauties out there), but for me they're just... perfect.

---
Tony

February 18th, 2012, 12:23 pm #2

pleased to see you are recovered from your bout of "lurgy"!

MW

February 18th, 2012, 12:29 pm #3

Better now, but alas too late!

---
Tony

February 18th, 2012, 12:32 pm #4

Can be defined, for me, in these photographs. two watches, an unbelievable 94 years of history between them, and both overflowing with charm, warmth and character. I can't really explain or justify to those who don't share this obsession the time and money I spend thinking about (or drooling over) watches, but if I had to try, then this is how I'd do it. And yes, I'm aware that some of you guys may regard these watches as pretty mundane (I've seen some of the esoteric beauties out there), but for me they're just... perfect.

---
Tony
Very nice pics

February 18th, 2012, 2:17 pm #5

---
Tony

February 18th, 2012, 2:33 pm #6

---
Tony
rather than buying watches for profit. Beautiful watches---enjoy

February 18th, 2012, 2:37 pm #7

---
Tony
Nice Pair Tony

February 18th, 2012, 2:47 pm #8

---
Tony
Stunning beauties they are! -nt-

February 18th, 2012, 2:48 pm #9

---
Tony
and cogratulations to that mf! I fully agree, it´s a great feeling and a great source of enjoyment!

Thanks for sharing!
Jan

February 18th, 2012, 2:50 pm #10

---
Tony
great pair and pictures of these great watches. two of my favorites!! enjoy them!!