Thanks!

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Thanks!

June 26th, 2012, 2:38 am #1

I wanted to share my first Rolex (and first vintage) with everyone. I started the search about 4 years ago for a vintage Submariner (1950's no crown guard to an early 5512/5513). Needless to say, it took me a while and was quite a learning experience. My search intensified over the past year and VRF became my go to resource. There were many times when I thought I had it figured out, only to find another overlooked detail, another thing to look for, or just a change in what I really wanted for a vintage Sub. I still have a lot to learn but wanted to pass along my sincerest gratitude to the forum and all the knowledge here. With that, here's my 1958 5508....

I'm still trying to take better pictures--not an easy dial to capture. Many thanks again to VRF for the wealth of knowledge that helped in my hunt! Now time to start the 1016 search.

June 26th, 2012, 3:29 am #2

you are proof that patience is a virtue. That is a damn fine example with the bonus of a sweet little Ex-Dot.

Looks equally good on strap or bracelet. Picture 2 has captured it perfectly!

well done and congratulations - that is one hell of a first Rolex to own!

Best,

Steve

June 26th, 2012, 3:33 am #3

I wanted to share my first Rolex (and first vintage) with everyone. I started the search about 4 years ago for a vintage Submariner (1950's no crown guard to an early 5512/5513). Needless to say, it took me a while and was quite a learning experience. My search intensified over the past year and VRF became my go to resource. There were many times when I thought I had it figured out, only to find another overlooked detail, another thing to look for, or just a change in what I really wanted for a vintage Sub. I still have a lot to learn but wanted to pass along my sincerest gratitude to the forum and all the knowledge here. With that, here's my 1958 5508....

I'm still trying to take better pictures--not an easy dial to capture. Many thanks again to VRF for the wealth of knowledge that helped in my hunt! Now time to start the 1016 search.
Congrats fella. That one was worth waiting for !

June 26th, 2012, 4:47 am #4

Congrats and Welcome to the World of Vintage. I love the corvus strap. I hope you have the white dinner jacket and are well versed in the game of baccarat.

June 26th, 2012, 7:18 am #5

++ with fantastic Patina - biggest congrats !!!

ENJOY!
Werner

June 26th, 2012, 7:30 am #6

very nice..congrats..nt

June 26th, 2012, 7:43 am #7

chris

June 26th, 2012, 9:09 am #8

I love the dial! Congratulations and wear in good health!

Jan

June 26th, 2012, 11:00 am #9

Like new. Congratulation

June 26th, 2012, 12:17 pm #10

Perfect dial!