Textured Day-Date dial name question>>>

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Textured Day-Date dial name question>>>

December 1st, 2011, 10:18 pm #1

Among all the great watches in King Philipp's recent Geneva thread, I was absoultely stunned by this DD dial:

(Photo by Philipp)

Having never seen one before (and that Arabic one that popped up recently is only the second I've seen), I have no idea what it's called. Does anyone know the official Rolex name for this "tin ceiling"-textured dial? After all, if you're hunting something you really should know what it is.
Thanks in advance & best,
T.

December 1st, 2011, 10:50 pm #2

Don't know, but it is way cool. :) Thx for the pic !

December 1st, 2011, 11:01 pm #3

Among all the great watches in King Philipp's recent Geneva thread, I was absoultely stunned by this DD dial:

(Photo by Philipp)

Having never seen one before (and that Arabic one that popped up recently is only the second I've seen), I have no idea what it's called. Does anyone know the official Rolex name for this "tin ceiling"-textured dial? After all, if you're hunting something you really should know what it is.
T.
wow, never seen this one... rare but not very pretty. :)

December 2nd, 2011, 2:19 am #4

Wait till you have it on your wrist!

December 2nd, 2011, 2:30 am #5

(Photo by Philipp)

T.
Hi Tom, I have one of these babies. I have no clue what the Rolex given name would be; nor any name given by the collector community. But I call it the " Pineapple" for lack of a better name. The texture looks like the skin of a pineapple. LOL!

The one below has Arabic Script ( not numerals) as markers. Same as the ones Philip had on his DJ dials he posted not long ago. It is somewhat of an acquired taste; like caviar or truffles!

December 2nd, 2011, 7:21 am #6

(Photo by Philipp)

T.
Also felt in love after seeing it first time, my friend -- would be great to get more information about !!
Then, the first one we find is for YOU .... and i take the second one !!!!

HAGWE !!!!
Werner

December 2nd, 2011, 7:51 am #7

Hi Tom, I have one of these babies. I have no clue what the Rolex given name would be; nor any name given by the collector community. But I call it the " Pineapple" for lack of a better name. The texture looks like the skin of a pineapple. LOL!

The one below has Arabic Script ( not numerals) as markers. Same as the ones Philip had on his DJ dials he posted not long ago. It is somewhat of an acquired taste; like caviar or truffles!

stunning looking dial you have there.

December 3rd, 2011, 6:24 am #8

Also felt in love after seeing it first time, my friend -- would be great to get more information about !!
Then, the first one we find is for YOU .... and i take the second one !!!!

HAGWE !!!!
Werner
nt

December 3rd, 2011, 6:26 am #9

nt

December 4th, 2011, 10:00 am #10

(Photo by Philipp)

T.