Tears in heaven....

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Tears in heaven....

fumanku
VRF Member
fumanku
VRF Member

February 7th, 2010, 6:28 pm #1

I have been a huge Eric Clapton fan for years. In 2006, I purchased one of his Fender custom shop "Blackie" relics, which sold out within 7 hours of release. (Even though I do not play guitar) We've all known that he was a very big Rolex collector, and with regards to the watches, I've only been able to collect catalogs of his 2001 and 2003 Christies auctions.

So when the opportunity presented itself, I simply could not resist picking this baby up for myself. It is exceedingly rare to find a correct 3-6-9 dial 5513, but one owned by EC, "There is only one." It is one of the "Kissing L" variety, and you can still make out the underline ever so lightly under the Oyster Perpetual. It is showing signs of age, but its lovely history and provenance made it a no brainer for me to pick up. In 2003, the piece went for just shy of $10k usd, and needless to say I paid a bit more....

This is truly a grail piece for me, and I am honored to be able to share it with you all.

Last edited by fumanku on February 7th, 2010, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WorldOysterWatcher
VRF Member

February 7th, 2010, 6:44 pm #2

I'm thinking... this is now your most favorite watch? very nice!

John Ireland
John Ireland

February 7th, 2010, 6:48 pm #3

I have been a huge Eric Clapton fan for years. In 2006, I purchased one of his Fender custom shop "Blackie" relics, which sold out within 7 hours of release. (Even though I do not play guitar) We've all known that he was a very big Rolex collector, and with regards to the watches, I've only been able to collect catalogs of his 2001 and 2003 Christies auctions.

So when the opportunity presented itself, I simply could not resist picking this baby up for myself. It is exceedingly rare to find a correct 3-6-9 dial 5513, but one owned by EC, "There is only one." It is one of the "Kissing L" variety, and you can still make out the underline ever so lightly under the Oyster Perpetual. It is showing signs of age, but its lovely history and provenance made it a no brainer for me to pick up. In 2003, the piece went for just shy of $10k usd, and needless to say I paid a bit more....

This is truly a grail piece for me, and I am honored to be able to share it with you all.

nt

AAKVIPER
AAKVIPER

February 7th, 2010, 6:49 pm #4

nice..
A

Vodka-Martini
VRF Member

February 7th, 2010, 6:53 pm #5

Thats absolutely wonderful, thanks for sharing!

February 7th, 2010, 6:55 pm #6

Congrats on your catch

Godspeed

ag

February 7th, 2010, 7:05 pm #7

February 7th, 2010, 7:12 pm #8

Not from Clapton but with underline...

&
Cool for you that you could let come truth a dream for you!!
Pure passion Eric!!
rg.Philipp

Mardam
VRF Member
Mardam
VRF Member

February 7th, 2010, 7:14 pm #9

Cheers,
Marco

February 7th, 2010, 7:40 pm #10

Fantastic congratulations! -
JJK