Sunday Tudor Trivia.........

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Sunday Tudor Trivia.........

October 8th, 2017, 9:38 pm #1

Whats wrong with this watch ? How many problems can you spot ? I know that many will pick out problems quickly however some might not notice. I hope this will
post will help folks from purchasing something that might not be correct. I do not own this watch.

D. Duffee

Pictures below:

Last edited by dgdjr on October 8th, 2017, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rome1680
VRF Member
Rome1680
VRF Member

October 9th, 2017, 12:14 am #2

Obviously a fake dial.

There should be a dash between "Oyster" and "Prince".

There should be no spaces between "200" and "m", nor should there be spaces between "m" and "=" and "660".

The 6's should be open style.

The "T Swiss T" should be gilt, as should the minute hashes.

The case shape is wrong near the crown.

This fake case has E's with long middle prongs.

The fake caseback has E's with long middle prongs.

The bezel should be a black MK2 for this type of dial and year.

The 1968 7016/0 also had crown guards that were tapered upward on the bottom, a trait specific to this year.

Someone else chime in on the movement ...

October 9th, 2017, 6:00 am #3

Whats wrong with this watch ? How many problems can you spot ? I know that many will pick out problems quickly however some might not notice. I hope this will
post will help folks from purchasing something that might not be correct. I do not own this watch.

D. Duffee

Pictures below:

I know the post is not of great importance - just think there is so much effort made to
make something appear as acceptable as possible.

Actually the middle hash of the "E"s in stainless steel are shorter than the top and
bottom. Not the typical long E. There looks as if there was bracelet wear at the top part of the case and the stainless steel script is on top of the wear. Also the rounded 3s a bit different 7s on this side. The hash is off on the model
side as well. Aftermarket insert - bezel pops off easily. iv68 is not correct. And yes Sir the dial. Just thought there was real effort made on this watch to be put together. Oh well - onward I guess and thank you again for your response.

Don

Robbe1675
VRF Member
Robbe1675
VRF Member

October 9th, 2017, 3:03 pm #4

D. Duffee

Pictures below:

Linesiders
VRF Member
Linesiders
VRF Member

October 14th, 2017, 1:36 am #5

A few other things too ; )

teflprof
VRF Member
teflprof
VRF Member

October 14th, 2017, 10:00 am #6

D. Duffee

Pictures below:

those horrible long "E"s...Fake case for sure.