Strap question...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Strap question...

January 10th, 2012, 2:46 am #1

Hi, I have seen a lot of aftermarket leather straps here on the forum lately, but I cannot find any information on who might be making these. I have seen both smooth leathers and suedes and the straps usually have a very simple stitch near the lugs. I believe I read on one person's post that they were made in Italy. If anyone knows who makes these straps, would you be willing to share the maker with me? An email would be great. I don't want to post pictures as I don't have permission from the owners, but I know most recently I saw some examples of these straps in some of the Passion posts. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>

January 10th, 2012, 3:45 am #2

I use a Hirsch hirschag.com. Its not trying to be a Rolex replacement. It doesnt need to be its a Hirsch. You can pay up to 300$ for one. I use one on my explorer date as the jubilees pins cannot be extended. You could look for used or NOS Rolex band, often come up on VRF. Try SWX.com.sg too.
BTW Id be interested to find out how I can extend my 19mm 14K / SS USA jubilee with fixed pins. Rolex Singapore (one of worlds busiest workshops) told me they couldnt do anything to help. Suggestions?

January 10th, 2012, 4:17 am #3

I'm looking for a specific strap. I am familiar ith Hirsch, they make decent straps, but not in my size nor do thy make custom ones, unfortunately, as far as I know.

January 10th, 2012, 4:22 am #4

Hi, I have seen a lot of aftermarket leather straps here on the forum lately, but I cannot find any information on who might be making these. I have seen both smooth leathers and suedes and the straps usually have a very simple stitch near the lugs. I believe I read on one person's post that they were made in Italy. If anyone knows who makes these straps, would you be willing to share the maker with me? An email would be great. I don't want to post pictures as I don't have permission from the owners, but I know most recently I saw some examples of these straps in some of the Passion posts. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>
Then you are mostly seeing two things ...they are hand crafted with vintage Rolex in mind...

1. Shell cordovan ( mostly horween) argued to be these leather in the world ... Horse, vegetable tanned over 9 mths etc ...

2. Vintage leather , hand crafted vegetable tanned.... Most that you'll see on the Italian/ German / vrf and from passion posts come from one of two guys who make them one Italian one Spanish American .... Although almost identical everybody prefers one or another ...I prefers the Spanish guy's as I think the stictch is fractionally better but really there is nothing in it ...

It's true, finding them retail is a pain and almost impossible .... I've just got so fed up with it I've started stocking them

... There's no money in it and I'm sure it'll be a ball ache but I've now got A cool collection of straps and with the oyster bracelet prices going so silly I'm liking that a lot ...
Last edited by jedly1 on January 10th, 2012, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2012, 4:27 am #5

The ones you're describing are exactly what I'm looking for. Not the NATO but the two piece straps. Do you happen to have their contact info?

January 10th, 2012, 5:11 am #6

which is why i've started retailing them.....i'll probably be my biggest customer but ....

the horween shell cordovan :

http://horween.com/index.php/main/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_cordovan

the vintage style (this one is a suede style finish)

i'm in the middle of photography now so should have pics up next few days ...though the vintage leather will always change a bit from batch to batch.
Last edited by jedly1 on January 10th, 2012, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2012, 6:39 am #7

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>
watchstyle.com and globalwatchband.com...they have different styles and prices.

John Ireland

January 10th, 2012, 10:49 am #8

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>
Great quality, service & value!

toshi-straps.co.uk

Last edited by jedly1 on January 10th, 2012, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 10th, 2012, 6:45 pm #9

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>
soon guys ill put more example

January 10th, 2012, 11:15 pm #10

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>
Unlike U2, I <strong><em>have</em></strong> found what I'm looking for

Peace,
<font size="+1">Pedro
</font>