stolen Submariner 5512/3 with CHUCK GARWOOD engraving on case back...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

stolen Submariner 5512/3 with CHUCK GARWOOD engraving on case back...

November 27th, 2017, 2:27 pm #1

In 1964 my father gave me a Submariner for my 17th birthday. It was a no date, and did not have "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified on the face". My name was engraved on the back of the case.

I gave it to my son when he graduated from high school(in Colorado Springs, CO) in 1993. It was stolen from him shortly thereafter.

I just discovered this forum.

I know it is a shot in the dark, but if anyone runs across this watch please let me know.

Thanks
Last edited by fantastictime on November 27th, 2017, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 27th, 2017, 2:48 pm #2

Sorry for this Chuck.
I would be great if you could mention the serial number and add pictures.
Same, you can also check on Instagram and post the picture of your watch @stolenwatches with as much information as possible.
Best of luck,
J.
Last edited by JohnBasque on November 27th, 2017, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 27th, 2017, 4:43 pm #3

it can only stop someone buying a stolen watch that is on their list.
Its not going to reunite owners with stolen watches.
-Perpetual Knowledge-

November 29th, 2017, 6:23 pm #4

... but at least it is a first step towards a global recent registry (unless Instagram decides to restrict the account for any reason). Of course, the best way would be to do one for Rolex vintage, one for Rolex modern, one for Tudor and so on... to make it more user-friendly.

November 29th, 2017, 8:48 pm #5

In 1964 my father gave me a Submariner for my 17th birthday. It was a no date, and did not have "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified on the face". My name was engraved on the back of the case.

I gave it to my son when he graduated from high school(in Colorado Springs, CO) in 1993. It was stolen from him shortly thereafter.

I just discovered this forum.

I know it is a shot in the dark, but if anyone runs across this watch please let me know.

Thanks
If you still have the serial number, you should post it as others have advised. At least a search of that serial number might trigger a potential buyer to find this thread. I wish you the best of luck (you never know what you might find through internet search!).