Still some vintage to be found if you get lucky.....

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Still some vintage to be found if you get lucky.....

February 10th, 2012, 10:23 am #1

Still after all these years and with new hunters all around me, I found this amazing 6542 in Texas. Again the story never changes, father died of old age and was a pilot for Pan Am. Watch has been in the safe for the last 30 years.

I have to say it,s one of the best dials i have seen, really 10/10. Case has never been touched, has to be seen to be believed.

Also picked up a non discript steel watch.

Best,

K

February 10th, 2012, 10:49 am #2

Freaking amazing. BTW I can describe that SS non descript ref 1463 PP- incredible!!

February 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm #3

Still after all these years and with new hunters all around me, I found this amazing 6542 in Texas. Again the story never changes, father died of old age and was a pilot for Pan Am. Watch has been in the safe for the last 30 years.

I have to say it,s one of the best dials i have seen, really 10/10. Case has never been touched, has to be seen to be believed.

Best,

K

cheers
Marcus

February 10th, 2012, 1:18 pm #4

Best,

K

much love for Bakelite...

Arthur

http://rolexnessreviews.blogspot.com/

February 10th, 2012, 1:39 pm #5

Best,

K

http://www.tudorcollector.com

February 10th, 2012, 1:53 pm #6

its seems to be really nice, and kept in an ashtray for 35 years mixed with casios and datejusts.

It has 2 screws on the dial, one at approx 7 oclock and one at 2 oclock. I thought they were damages on the dial. I know nothing about Patek, even thou i just bougt a 5004 rose gold with an original arabic black dial.

I think i just chuck this one in the safe for another 30 years.

Best,
K

February 10th, 2012, 2:03 pm #7

Best,

K

Nice catch! The story is sometimes one of the best part of finding these gems!

February 10th, 2012, 2:18 pm #8

its seems to be really nice, and kept in an ashtray for 35 years mixed with casios and datejusts.

It has 2 screws on the dial, one at approx 7 oclock and one at 2 oclock. I thought they were damages on the dial. I know nothing about Patek, even thou i just bougt a 5004 rose gold with an original arabic black dial.

I think i just chuck this one in the safe for another 30 years.

Best,
K
New Old Stock definition (Wikipedia)

"The term refers to merchandise being offered for sale which was manufactured long ago but that has never been used."
"....it should be presentable in the same form as when new."

Both watches have soft edges, and appear heavily used. Don't see how that term can be thrown around here....

February 10th, 2012, 9:33 pm #9

Best,

K

Nice catch K.

And seems NOS is the new 'nice condition' in 2012

Best,

B

February 11th, 2012, 9:47 am #10

Hi B, hope all is well with you.

it was more humorously intended and it should not be taken at face value. But some guys did not understand that and started all sorts of hoo ha as they actually took the statement seriously as if someone had insulted their egos.

But it really changes nothing.

Best,
K