Still enjoying my fat lume 5512 with fat fonts bezel (loads of appreciative shots)

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Still enjoying my fat lume 5512 with fat fonts bezel (loads of appreciative shots)

November 22nd, 2011, 8:11 am #1

Owned this watch since 2 years ago and this is one of the only few watches that until this day, I am truly enjoying it. Certainly not a good choice of watch to merely read the time; as I am always admiring its beauty, be it the dial or the superdome xtal, I cannot focus. If I have to choose only 1 watch (without any consideration to monetary value) to wear for the rest of my life for some reason, this 5512 will be the top in my list.

There is every reason why the Sub is arguable the icon for Rolex, hard to debate really.

Enjoying an afternoon of sun and took these pictures just for fun:

Showing off the beautiful vintage Superdome T19 (took me a long long while to find the real vintage deal):

Noticed that the slightly lighter patina on the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers versus the rest of the slightly darker patina round shaped lume? Interesting how different shaped lume influence the aging process.

My 2 most favourite Rolex of all time:

Not the most expensive Rolex Sub, not the rarest, not even close, but just a watch I love alot.

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Singapore Current Time ->

November 22nd, 2011, 1:03 pm #2

The whole thing makes that watch looks stunning

i know your feelings

enjoy it buddy

November 22nd, 2011, 1:54 pm #3

Owned this watch since 2 years ago and this is one of the only few watches that until this day, I am truly enjoying it. Certainly not a good choice of watch to merely read the time; as I am always admiring its beauty, be it the dial or the superdome xtal, I cannot focus. If I have to choose only 1 watch (without any consideration to monetary value) to wear for the rest of my life for some reason, this 5512 will be the top in my list.

There is every reason why the Sub is arguable the icon for Rolex, hard to debate really.

Showing off the beautiful vintage Superdome T19 (took me a long long while to find the real vintage deal):

Noticed that the slightly lighter patina on the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers versus the rest of the slightly darker patina round shaped lume? Interesting how different shaped lume influence the aging process.

Not the most expensive Rolex Sub, not the rarest, not even close, but just a watch I love alot.

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

You have good taste! My 5513 dial has the same idiosynchrasy...slightly lighter 12,3,6,9 markers.

November 22nd, 2011, 1:58 pm #4

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Err...n these are looking quite sexy actually...

Best regards
Orchi.

November 22nd, 2011, 3:46 pm #5

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Nice, I have a 1.9 5513 with same dial/patina. nt

November 22nd, 2011, 6:43 pm #6

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

...and with perfect form follows function design aesthetic.
You've got a fine example there--really outstanding early matte dial--enjoy!
T.

November 22nd, 2011, 7:02 pm #7

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Cheers

AZ

November 22nd, 2011, 8:09 pm #8

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Have to agree with you on the older subs' allure: the domed crstal, the matte dial .... The newer ones don't do it for me except the DeepSea. These older ones look good on everything.

With an excellent set of endpieces from TRF-Etour (Eugene)

On old custom JV panerai Croc strap

Or on metal bracelet

November 23rd, 2011, 3:26 am #9

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

cheers!

timlua

November 25th, 2011, 2:53 am #10

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Thank you for any feedback!

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W