**Spam Alert**

Vintage Rolex Discussion

**Spam Alert**

July 21st, 2012, 8:40 pm #1

I'm getting a load of e-mail messages from VRF users which appear to have an embedded trojan.

Somebody's e-mail contacts list may have been compromised, the messages are originating from "known" e-mail accounts.

July 21st, 2012, 8:53 pm #2

me too, lot of them from VRF members !

July 21st, 2012, 10:24 pm #3

Yip. Several odd messages purportedly from VRF folk in my InBox today (nt)

July 21st, 2012, 11:04 pm #4

I'm getting a load of e-mail messages from VRF users which appear to have an embedded trojan.

Somebody's e-mail contacts list may have been compromised, the messages are originating from "known" e-mail accounts.

the email without opening it. Often there is some simple generic message like "Gee look at this" followed by a link. Also there is often no specific title just "Re:" or other simple greetings like "Hi!"...but use preview to see what is inside.

John Ireland

July 21st, 2012, 11:12 pm #5

Often, the bad guys / bots will spoof the emails of other people you are likely to connect with in order to increase the odds you will open the email. Just as likely if not far more likely that a piece of software scanned this site and dredged the addresses within similar threads

July 22nd, 2012, 5:14 am #6

We all make it a habit to inspect the header before reading an email and opening an email attachment.

July 22nd, 2012, 7:43 am #7

me too....
I tought that with apple I couldn't get any virus .....

M

July 22nd, 2012, 10:26 am #8

received one from you, Matteo !

and from lot of others VRF friends ...

cheers from Italy