Something of a grail

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Something of a grail

August 5th, 2011, 10:57 am #1

I've received quite a few emails regarding this watch, so without wishing to bore anyone I thought it might be nice to share a few photos. It's a gilt PCG GMT from 1963 which in itself is rather nice; however, this one really foes have the most gorgeous, deep black, gloss dial and patinated plots that contrast with it quite beautifully.

I have both pepsi and black inserts for it, and whilst the black probably looks the best the pepsi is the one it would have come with, and is also a bit different to anything else I have.

Anyway, hopefully you'll like the photos - I'm actually wearing it today, and it's probably my favourite watch of any I've owned to date (excuse the pun!).

August 5th, 2011, 11:42 am #2

...as well as your photographs are awesome.

August 5th, 2011, 12:05 pm #3

+1

August 5th, 2011, 12:14 pm #4

I've received quite a few emails regarding this watch, so without wishing to bore anyone I thought it might be nice to share a few photos. It's a gilt PCG GMT from 1963 which in itself is rather nice; however, this one really foes have the most gorgeous, deep black, gloss dial and patinated plots that contrast with it quite beautifully.

I have both pepsi and black inserts for it, and whilst the black probably looks the best the pepsi is the one it would have come with, and is also a bit different to anything else I have.

Anyway, hopefully you'll like the photos - I'm actually wearing it today, and it's probably my favourite watch of any I've owned to date (excuse the pun!).

Arthur

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

http://rolexnessreviews.blogspot.com/

Tony
Tony

August 5th, 2011, 12:24 pm #5

She certainly is a bit special

August 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm #6

...as well as your photographs are awesome.
Thank you!

August 5th, 2011, 12:25 pm #7

thks for sharing.

August 5th, 2011, 4:33 pm #8

Sweeeeeeeet gilt! Very nice!

August 5th, 2011, 4:56 pm #9

Err...n the nicest ones always eluded Orchi...
n ended up being hoarded by other buddies...n you.

That said though please...
Orchi would chuck away that "Pepsi" bezel insert of yours...
on 1st sight...

It's aftermarket...

Best regards
Orchi.

August 5th, 2011, 5:21 pm #10

What are the signs, as I assumed it was original? (It's not really a problem, as it came as an "extra" anyway.)