Singapore watch hunting!!

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Singapore watch hunting!!

ellepi
VRF Member
ellepi
VRF Member

August 9th, 2012, 8:16 am #1

Dear Vrf folks, I will be in Singapore next week! Any suggestion for vintage watches hunting?? Thanks very much

munchiew
VRF Member
munchiew
VRF Member

August 9th, 2012, 11:25 am #2

Italian dealers cleaned out the place long before vintage became popular. When Daytonas went for 5K a piece. I was told by a dealer friend that an Italian dealer came to town, stayed a week and left with a couple of dozen Daytonas.

Best...MC

holycosmic
VRF Member
holycosmic
VRF Member

August 9th, 2012, 11:47 am #3

..not much passion going on. if you are like me that always have the itch to buy vintage watches, I have two places for suggestion

1. Far East Plaza (there are a few shops there - some used to sell on here)
2. Lucky Plaza

i will not recommend any dealer - you need to be careful as always when buying vintage watches.

Have fun!

regards
T

August 9th, 2012, 12:08 pm #4

Dear Vrf folks, I will be in Singapore next week! Any suggestion for vintage watches hunting?? Thanks very much
Hi Ellepi,

You can try theses websites to see their stock before going down to the actual shops.

http://www.chuanwatch.com

http://www.monster-time.com

www.hjwatch.com

Happy Rolex hunting

Regards,

Chong

Chong YC

alexlowbw
VRF Member
alexlowbw
VRF Member

August 9th, 2012, 12:41 pm #5

Italian dealers cleaned out the place long before vintage became popular. When Daytonas went for 5K a piece. I was told by a dealer friend that an Italian dealer came to town, stayed a week and left with a couple of dozen Daytonas.

Best...MC
Try www.sg-roc.com I'm sure you can find answers there.

August 9th, 2012, 1:44 pm #6

Best...MC
All stock gone!

August 9th, 2012, 1:49 pm #7

I'd recommend paying a visit to Golden Landmark Shopping Centre (look for Precision Watch Enterprise and Chuan Watch) and Far East Shopping Centre (HJWatch and Monster Time).

Paul at Precision Watch had two 6542's (one genuine bakelite, the other tropical), a 1655, a red 1680, a 5512 and six vintage tudor chronos. Chuan has many preowned pieces from other manufactures, HJ has a huge selection of preowned Rolex but not many vintage and Monster Time is like a vintage boutique with some rare pieces (other manufactures as well) but on the pricey side.

You could also check Hobbylink at Far East Shopping Centre while u're there and the watch shop (look for Barry) at the VIP hotel along Balmoral Road. Passions at Funan Digital Mall also has a ton of high end vintage watches (including the owner's personal collection not for sale) including a UAE datejust if I remember correctly.

Enjoy!

LunetteVerde
VRF Member

August 9th, 2012, 3:00 pm #8

Try www.sg-roc.com I'm sure you can find answers there.
most of the haunts here. Happy window shopping (or shopping)

ellepi
VRF Member
ellepi
VRF Member

August 9th, 2012, 3:35 pm #9

Nt

Marco
Marco

August 9th, 2012, 4:30 pm #10

You might also want to check out Heirloom Gallery (google it). Shawn is a very nice bloke and always has a couple of nice vintage Rolex watches around - besides plenty of others vintage watches.

Enjoy! If you're into food - you will love SIN!

Cheers
Marco