Sending Off 2013 with an Official VRF Contest!!!!

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Sending Off 2013 with an Official VRF Contest!!!!

December 30th, 2013, 4:29 am #1

Dear VRF Members:

As the year quickly draws to a close, we have decided to host a contest with several prizes generously donated by all four of the major auction houses.

Prizes are:

(One Each) Annual subscription to each of the respective auction houses watch catalogues

and

(Three) Copies of the hardcover "ULTIMATE DAYTONA" Catalogue from Christies

How do you win?

Simple. Post beneath this thread a picture of what watch you will be wearing while you ring in the new year and a brief description of why you're wearing it. It does not have to be vintage, nor does it have to be Rolex. The thread will be locked at 9am PST (California Time) on January 1st, and winners will be chosen at random via a random number generator and announced shortly after. Anyone can enter and please, only one entry per member. Now let's all give 2013 a proper sendoff as we welcome 2014!

Good luck everyone and keep the pics coming!!

springerjfp
VRF Member
springerjfp
VRF Member

December 30th, 2013, 5:02 am #2

I'll be ringing in the New Year with my "party watch," my old, but very original 1978 GMT. And if I'm unfortunate enough to lose it while celebrating in all the revelry, I have this one insured!!!

Happy New Years everyone!

Last edited by springerjfp on December 30th, 2013, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

cantopop
VRF Member
cantopop
VRF Member

December 30th, 2013, 5:33 am #3

Dear VRF Members:

As the year quickly draws to a close, we have decided to host a contest with several prizes generously donated by all four of the major auction houses.

Prizes are:

(One Each) Annual subscription to each of the respective auction houses watch catalogues

and

How do you win?

Simple. Post beneath this thread a picture of what watch you will be wearing while you ring in the new year and a brief description of why you're wearing it. It does not have to be vintage, nor does it have to be Rolex. The thread will be locked at 9am PST (California Time) on January 1st, and winners will be chosen at random via a random number generator and announced shortly after. Anyone can enter and please, only one entry per member. Now let's all give 2013 a proper sendoff as we welcome 2014!

Will be wearing this puppy just for the pleasure of seeing the little pointers and date window slowly flip over to January 1 :^)

December 30th, 2013, 5:45 am #4

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

Nice threat and thanks.

I will wearing this SD 16600 ring in the new year...
because it is my new toy and still enjoy this tool watch

Best
Chung

reficul_x
VRF Member
reficul_x
VRF Member

December 30th, 2013, 6:08 am #5

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

And wearing a Hanhart!

Why Hanhart?

Visiting several historical sites and probably one of the closest historical watch I have?

Thanks to VRF for organizing this!
Jack

Happy Watch Hunting!
Jack W

Singapore Current Time ->

December 30th, 2013, 6:17 am #6

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

Happy New Year to all!

jeffcowie
VRF Member
jeffcowie
VRF Member

December 30th, 2013, 6:22 am #7

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

I guess I'll wear it since it's the only slow-set date watch which is anywhere near the correct date for the changeover to Jan 1st 2014. Old pic.

December 30th, 2013, 6:32 am #8

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

New Years Eve. The existential beauty of just hours, minutes and seconds...framed in the classic of metals, 18k yellow gold.

This was not my first 1013...but it is my favorite watch. I love the up and down texture and the color of the dial, and how the markers balance with these later hands as well as the earlier ones.
I love the thinness of the case and how the dome of the crystal blends in perfectly. I sometimes put a bracelet on it but I really prefer the elegance of an unpadded croc strap. And even if I'm not wearing it, I carry this watch with me in a leather pouch.

December 30th, 2013, 6:45 am #9

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

A few years ago I decided to use the same watch for the new year's celebrations.
My Bombe 6092 circa '52 spend most of its life in the safe during the year, but will be always on my wrist on December 31st at midnight.

So far it has brought luck and success in the new year, and I hope this time won't be different.
This is what will be on my wrist..

~original

So the tradition continues...

Happy new year everyone!
Maurice.

December 30th, 2013, 6:49 am #10

Dear VRF Members:

Prizes are:

and

How do you win?

Ringing in the new year with our dive watches.

My 16800 with my daughter's Jaques Farel.

[/IMG]