Sending a rolex from the US to Australia - any suggestions?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Sending a rolex from the US to Australia - any suggestions?

January 26th, 2012, 11:54 pm #1

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations on the most cost effective, safe method of shipping a watch to Australia from the US? USPS seems cheapest, but are they able to handle the customs side of things in Australia?

Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions on how to soften the import tax blow on the Australian side of the transaction?

Keen to hear about the experiences of others.

Many thanks

January 27th, 2012, 12:06 am #2

They both use Australian air express once out of their hub centres but do usually take care of parcels.

USPS will past to auspost, which although great in many ways, can be quite lax at times ... I.e I've come home to signed for parcels left on doorstep unsigned for ... I know it's just postie trying to be helpful but ....

Australia allows duty free import up to $1000 aud so anything shipped / declared under that is straightforward.

January 27th, 2012, 2:10 am #3

Thanks Jed,

Great advice. Working on a fedex solution now

Happy Friday.

January 27th, 2012, 5:03 pm #4

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations on the most cost effective, safe method of shipping a watch to Australia from the US? USPS seems cheapest, but are they able to handle the customs side of things in Australia?

Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions on how to soften the import tax blow on the Australian side of the transaction?

Keen to hear about the experiences of others.

Many thanks
ParcelPro augments the limited FedEx insurance by using a 3rd party insurance company. Your watch will be insured for full value. Then ParcelPro ships via FedEx. I have used them to send watches to Hong Kong a couple times. It's my experience that the FedEx-only solution will not insure to full value.