Sea-Dweller 2017 / Polyphemus

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Sea-Dweller 2017 / Polyphemus

April 16th, 2017, 7:03 pm #1

We have a new nickname for the new Sea-Dweller ! By Guido Mondani is the name "Polyphemus" : the most famous cyclops, son of Poseidon, king of the Sea..

We think it is perfect for the "king of the sea" Rolex Sea-Dweller, now with the Cyclop lens..

What do you guys think about it ?

April 16th, 2017, 7:08 pm #2

How about simply the SUC? Stupid Ugly Cyclops!!

April 17th, 2017, 5:54 pm #3

We have a new nickname for the new Sea-Dweller ! By Guido Mondani is the name "Polyphemus" : the most famous cyclops, son of Poseidon, king of the Sea..

We think it is perfect for the "king of the sea" Rolex Sea-Dweller, now with the Cyclop lens..

Why do with Cyclops lens?

April 17th, 2017, 10:16 pm #4

I think Rolex named it appropriately. I think SeaDweller will work just fine for most of us.

April 18th, 2017, 12:38 pm #5

1) Who is "we"?
2) You have had feedback from TRF about this name when you started a thread there. I'm not sure what your end-game is.

To answer your question, if you are really asking: this is what I think about it.

April 18th, 2017, 1:01 pm #6

he was blinded by Odysseus........it may be a break with convention, need to see it in the flesh.

regards

John
Last edited by fatboyharris on April 20th, 2017, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 19th, 2017, 7:57 am #7

the look is very nice. I' want to see the black of the dial and the cyclope in natural

But for me, not bad

April 19th, 2017, 8:56 am #8

if its just the cyclopse that people don't like, cant this just be swapped over with a crystal without one?

If there wasn't a cyclopse, would your view differ regarding this watch?

April 19th, 2017, 11:14 am #9

solution for the cyclops problem.......but i think it´s an optical problem, cause the movement is too small so that they has to place the date a bit in the mid of dial. It could be possible, that the dat size looks a bit crazy without the Lupe

April 19th, 2017, 5:20 pm #10