Saturday....

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Saturday....

May 5th, 2012, 10:50 am #1

Tru-Beat day. Put this rare, little critter on a nice italian strap which suits it well imho.

Cheers,
Mark

May 5th, 2012, 10:54 am #2

Really cool! Does it have the tru beat mech still installed?

May 5th, 2012, 11:11 am #3

Hi, thx ! And yes, it does have the correct mechanism fited. It lacked some essential parts when I bought it but the movement was running strong and smoothly (as a regular automatic) and the dial, hands and the watch itself were in a fantastic condition. Via a good friend (and former Rolex watchmaker) I got the ref 6556 repaired and serviced in its original condition. Unfortunately, those parts are so rare, I guess finding them again will be a real quest. As rare as they are, would you believe my cousin has another example (now also with correct trubeat mechanism) which used to be his father's watch. Will make a picture of the two of them next to each other for a real rare view..

Imho these interesting pieces deserve much more attention then they get. But I guess being a quartz-lookalike does not do these watches any good....

cheers,
Mark

May 5th, 2012, 12:50 pm #4

Tru-Beat day. Put this rare, little critter on a nice italian strap which suits it well imho.

Cheers,
Mark
Like the Italian strap. Any info on the seller would be appreciated--thanks

May 5th, 2012, 3:00 pm #5

Cheers,
Mark
For sure If I had one it wouldn't last 2 mins. I am way too clumsy and the mov't way too fragile.

Nice watch though

Best,

Steve