Rolex Releases James Cameron Official DEEPSEA CHALLENGE Quote...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Rolex Releases James Cameron Official DEEPSEA CHALLENGE Quote...

March 30th, 2012, 1:26 am #1

Hi Everybody,

Rolex just formally released James Cameron's Official Quote on his record-setting dive:

"The Rolex Deepsea Challenge was the reliable companion throughout the dive; it was on the sub's manipulator arm and working precisely at 10,898 meters down a the bottom of the Challenger Deep. It's a tremendous example of know-how, and an ideal match for the DEEPSEA CHALLENGER submersible." James Cameron [National Geographic Explorer-In-Residence].

Cheers!!!!

Jake

March 30th, 2012, 2:06 am #2

I just put my order in with Rolex!!!!!

March 30th, 2012, 2:36 am #3

Hi Everybody,

Rolex just formally released James Cameron's Official Quote on his record-setting dive:

"The Rolex Deepsea Challenge was the reliable companion throughout the dive; it was on the sub's manipulator arm and working precisely at 10,898 meters down a the bottom of the Challenger Deep. It's a tremendous example of know-how, and an ideal match for the DEEPSEA CHALLENGER submersible." James Cameron [National Geographic Explorer-In-Residence].

Cheers!!!!

Jake
at what price though...NT

March 30th, 2012, 2:52 am #4

Hi Everybody,

Cheers!!!!

Jake
Since we are already speculating about it now

March 30th, 2012, 3:12 am #5

Rolex is in an interesting position. With the recent trend in making larger watches, people tease Rolex because they don't come out with a 47 or 50mm monster. If Rolex decides to offer the 51MM+Rolex DEEPSEA CHALLENGE for sale, they knock-out the oversized watch market, and at the same time, if it is not successful, they get to act like it was just an experimental homage piece.

If you think about it, 60+ years after Rolex made the original DEEPSEA Special, nobody in their right mind would actually wear it as an everyday watch, yet they are worth a fortune...

March 30th, 2012, 3:17 am #6

They released the quote...watch is still an experimental as far as I can tell.

March 30th, 2012, 8:40 am #7

It's going to stay as a one off prototype, I believe. NT

March 30th, 2012, 10:25 pm #8

This is the most exciting thing that has happened with Rolex in recent memory. This may not be Mt. Everest but it's a close second. I think they will find a way to honor this achievement.