Rolex 1680 with 225xxxx Serial.

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Rolex 1680 with 225xxxx Serial.

February 8th, 2012, 3:16 pm #1

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a vintage Rolex 1680 with 225xxxx Serial. The dial is a ft first/white dial. I'm posting pics of the watch as it was found. The insert is an aftermarket mil-sub (interesting but not proper). I am bringing the watch to my watchmaker today to examine the movement and case back. He may have a proper insert as well. The watch is fitted on a 78360 bracelet w/580 ends. I realize this is not original although it wears fine. In any event just wanted to share. The dial is nice, although it has a few little imperfections.

Cheers,
Jeremy

February 8th, 2012, 3:40 pm #2

Not only it is not correct for the serial number (it should be red) but this white variation, hum..

February 8th, 2012, 4:23 pm #3

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a vintage Rolex 1680 with 225xxxx Serial. The dial is a ft first/white dial. I'm posting pics of the watch as it was found. The insert is an aftermarket mil-sub (interesting but not proper). I am bringing the watch to my watchmaker today to examine the movement and case back. He may have a proper insert as well. The watch is fitted on a 78360 bracelet w/580 ends. I realize this is not original although it wears fine. In any event just wanted to share. The dial is nice, although it has a few little imperfections.

Cheers,
Jeremy

the whole dial is imperfect :(

February 8th, 2012, 4:37 pm #4

Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Jeremy

Given that: (i) the dial is not an accepted variant of a white Submariner dial, and (ii) the bezel is not authentic, I would recommend you have the entire watch looked at very carefully. I have doubts that the rest of it may be authentic.

Michael

February 8th, 2012, 4:39 pm #5

Not only it is not correct for the serial number (it should be red) but this white variation, hum..
Hi Guys,

I am aware the dial should be a meters first red MK!/MKII.

The current dial on it, was guaranteed genuine. In any event, I have a warranty from the seller. If you all could tell me what has you doubting it, it would help. Thanks in advance.

February 8th, 2012, 4:41 pm #6

Your white dial is ok! A very late one but ok. (nt)

February 8th, 2012, 4:46 pm #7

Thanks. I've seen a "Late" dial that matches mine. In any event I am going to get my watchmaker to thoroughly inspect.

February 8th, 2012, 5:13 pm #8

Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Jeremy

dial is 100% wrong, classic "drunken L"

February 8th, 2012, 6:22 pm #9

Your white dial is ok! A very late one but ok. (nt)
Agree with Michael. Last batch of replacement luminov dial.
Last edited by raywu on February 8th, 2012, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2012, 6:23 pm #10

Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Jeremy

I tend to think wrong (also per the classic post on 1680 white)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/t ... 80+details