Results of a new camera lense

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Results of a new camera lense

August 14th, 2012, 12:17 am #1

I just purchased a new lense and tried it out on my 5513. It's then that I notice the the crown and lettering are white on my dial while the indices are gold colour. Is this normal?

August 14th, 2012, 12:33 am #2

the two worst things you can do are hire a private detective to follow your wife and to look at a watch dial under a 10x or stronger magnification. Your brain will lock onto any and every imperfection, you will doubt forever what you have loved for years, what once brought smiles to you lips will now bring furrows of suspicion to your forehead. It is the beginning of the end. This is why we close our eyes when we kiss...love cannot survive a close up view.

Save the lens for bugs and things you do not love...never use it on a watch again.

John Ireland

August 14th, 2012, 12:43 am #3

the operating microscope.

Biggest mistake ever

Even new pieces have subtle scratches and dust looks like boulders

Just close your eyes and kiss

Julian

August 14th, 2012, 12:52 am #4

the two worst things you can do are hire a private detective to follow your wife and to look at a watch dial under a 10x or stronger magnification. Your brain will lock onto any and every imperfection, you will doubt forever what you have loved for years, what once brought smiles to you lips will now bring furrows of suspicion to your forehead. It is the beginning of the end. This is why we close our eyes when we kiss...love cannot survive a close up view.

Save the lens for bugs and things you do not love...never use it on a watch again.

John Ireland
awesome words of wisdom.

August 14th, 2012, 1:55 am #5

John Ireland
I bought a 60x loupe for $8 last weekend at a flea market, and it even has a UV. I should't have looked using the loupe or used the uv (on the watch, not the missus). I saw things I didn't really want to see, although I did discover nice things as well. Good advice indeed John.

August 14th, 2012, 5:35 am #6

John Ireland
Agree and keep your tongue in your own mouth--regards

August 14th, 2012, 5:39 am #7

I bought a 60x loupe for $8 last weekend at a flea market, and it even has a UV. I should't have looked using the loupe or used the uv (on the watch, not the missus). I saw things I didn't really want to see, although I did discover nice things as well. Good advice indeed John.
Man I am ultra critical of micro dust on dials...if you are going to use 60x I'm gonna quit. LOL!

12x is as far as I will go....7 + 5

To me the most difficult thing and my least favorite thing to do is get the dust gone from inside the crystal and off of the dial and hands...nerve wracking.

August 14th, 2012, 5:41 am #8

I just purchased a new lense and tried it out on my 5513. It's then that I notice the the crown and lettering are white on my dial while the indices are gold colour. Is this normal?

You mean the luminous material has yellowed...pretty normal.

August 14th, 2012, 1:44 pm #9

John Ireland
nt