Reference mark lerman comexfan

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Reference mark lerman comexfan

August 16th, 2012, 6:02 am #1

I am considering bidding on an eBay listing by mark lerman. I know he is the red sun guru. Any references?

Thanks,

G
Last edited by fantastictime on August 19th, 2012, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 16th, 2012, 6:32 am #2

cheers
christian

August 16th, 2012, 6:33 am #3

Yes

Vintage_Fanatic
Vintage_Fanatic

August 16th, 2012, 6:36 am #4

I am considering bidding on an eBay listing by mark lerman. I know he is the red sun guru. Any references?

Thanks,

G
Use it!

August 16th, 2012, 6:46 am #5

cheers
christian
Would you not purchase from him?

August 16th, 2012, 6:47 am #6

Thanks,

G
Mark has a core of very satisfied customers - as demonstrated by his eBay feedback.

He also has some extremely unhappy customers. Most of that unhappiness is centred around the authenticity (or otherwise) of the papers that often accompany the watches he sells.

When a few folk raised their concerns on this forum about Mark's practices a few months back - levelling some fairly serious allegations towards him - Mark chose not to respond. You may like to search "Mark Lerman" on VRF, read the discussions from a few months back and make your own judgement.

IMPORTANT: I've had no personal dealings with Mark so am simply bringing your attention to the discussion from a few months back.

Edit: Typos
Last edited by GMTKiwi on August 16th, 2012, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 16th, 2012, 7:52 am #7

Thanks,

G
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Rare ... 2c678051af. i guess we talk about the same watch...... kind regards. achim

August 16th, 2012, 9:07 am #8

Ouch that can't be right...

August 16th, 2012, 10:48 am #9

Thanks,

G
I don't know about the printing on that dial. I'm far from the authority..you're much better off listening to the other guys, but the printing seems way wrong. Check out the dial archive. Also, I'm curious if other forum members have seen the uneven 5513 on the caseback before, where the 13 is stamped higher than the 55. Is this common? I've never seen that before either.

That and the paper thing...I dunno. These watches aren't that hard to find.

CharlieMae
CharlieMae

August 16th, 2012, 12:25 pm #10

Around these parts he is more of a black sheep. I have never seen him post a watch for sale on these or other forums (only on ebay) and his reputation is questionable because of the alleged fake papers he seems to provide with EVERY watch he sells. My only concern is that he seems to be the only seller in the world that is able to provide complete or partial set watches with stamped/punched papers with the vast majority of watches he sells.

In reality, the rarity of finding a 45 year old watch that still has its accompanying paperwork is probably under 5%. I know people who bought watches in the 2000's that have misplaced their boxes and papers so, its unlikely that all of his full sets are genuine.

Much thanks goes to those members of this forum who were smart enough and brave enough to out him and his practices a while ago and protect the real collectors from being taken.

I would pass on this particular watch.