Rare finds

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Rare finds

tirewatcher
VRF Member
tirewatcher
VRF Member

August 7th, 2012, 5:22 pm #1

I took in trade today two rare birds.. They are a couple of Tudor watches one mens and ladies which I assume from the 60's. They both are roulette date types and original in every way..But most interesting is that these watches were used as loaners to customers of Beyer in Zurich when there watches were being serviced. The inscription on back is self explanatory.They show no reference numbers so I would assume they were strictly to be loaned not sold.
your expert comments...

Thanks Brian

August 7th, 2012, 8:50 pm #2

given to customers for them to use whilst their own watches were being serviced. My old employer's Shop used to hand out Rotary automatics as standard, but there were a few old-stock Rolex and Tudor watches provided to well-known customers. Years and years ago (way before my time!), the Shop loaned out a gold Dent hunter repeating pocket watch, which never came back...

MW

WorldOysterWatcher
VRF Member

August 8th, 2012, 1:36 am #3

I took in trade today two rare birds.. They are a couple of Tudor watches one mens and ladies which I assume from the 60's. They both are roulette date types and original in every way..But most interesting is that these watches were used as loaners to customers of Beyer in Zurich when there watches were being serviced. The inscription on back is self explanatory.They show no reference numbers so I would assume they were strictly to be loaned not sold.
your expert comments...

Thanks Brian

Cool Post! Thanks!

LunetteVerde
VRF Member

August 8th, 2012, 4:27 am #4

your expert comments...

Thanks Brian

Thank you for posting