Quick shout out to my M8s + some GMT content

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Quick shout out to my M8s + some GMT content

June 24th, 2012, 8:49 am #1

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Hammer who is the catalyst and engineer behind some of my significant buys in watch collecting including this one. Next to Lunette Verde, thank you for the flawless deal - you are indeed one in a million.

Thanks to the both of them I am now a happy receiver of a vintage GMT ref. 1675 circa '68, close to FULL box and papers - only missing a GMT brochure which I'm looking to add to my set.

The watch is effing beautiful, with the right amount of fade on the fat font insert, giving it a matt bluish/grapefruit red sorta finish. Bezel edge is very, very sharp, and overall patina is just collector worthy. Watch has been serviced by Rolex and is fit for flight and for some fun in the sun/water.

And as of Sunday, it has gone swimming, and getting a little frisky with me under water. Don't know what the majority thinks, but the idea of swimming with a vintage Rolex to me is just very cool. 3 wrist shots to sum it up:

Poolside shots

HammerHammer
VRF Member
HammerHammer
VRF Member

June 24th, 2012, 9:59 am #2

Salutes YOU

Congrats G and >> WANNA talk about Provenance

HammerHammer
VRF Member
HammerHammer
VRF Member

June 24th, 2012, 11:19 am #3

First of all, a HUGE thank you to Hammer who is the catalyst and engineer behind some of my significant buys in watch collecting including this one. Next to Lunette Verde, thank you for the flawless deal - you are indeed one in a million.

Thanks to the both of them I am now a happy receiver of a vintage GMT ref. 1675 circa '68, close to FULL box and papers - only missing a GMT brochure which I'm looking to add to my set.

The watch is effing beautiful, with the right amount of fade on the fat font insert, giving it a matt bluish/grapefruit red sorta finish. Bezel edge is very, very sharp, and overall patina is just collector worthy. Watch has been serviced by Rolex and is fit for flight and for some fun in the sun/water.

And as of Sunday, it has gone swimming, and getting a little frisky with me under water. Don't know what the majority thinks, but the idea of swimming with a vintage Rolex to me is just very cool. 3 wrist shots to sum it up:

Poolside shots

florianw
VRF Member
florianw
VRF Member

June 24th, 2012, 11:42 am #4

Poolside shots

June 24th, 2012, 11:47 am #5

HammerHammer
VRF Member
HammerHammer
VRF Member

June 24th, 2012, 12:14 pm #6

From one brother to another

Send me ur addy bro I'll have her airborne ASAP

KaKa

Your COMPLETE

In honor of Adam and Gatsby I'm just passing it forward and damn , that feels GR8 , M8 Power

June 24th, 2012, 2:13 pm #7

Poolside shots

seve1939
VRF Member
seve1939
VRF Member

June 24th, 2012, 2:42 pm #8

Poolside shots

adman7
adman7

June 24th, 2012, 3:53 pm #9

Poolside shots

Swissgmt1675
VRF Member

June 24th, 2012, 4:55 pm #10

Poolside shots

Well done guys..

Wear it in good health!!

A.
Last edited by Swissgmt1675 on June 24th, 2012, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.