Public Service Announcement: High Quality Fake Dials

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Public Service Announcement: High Quality Fake Dials

July 31st, 2014, 3:25 pm #1

****UPDATE****

I have amended the title of this thread and have added more pictures of even more high quality fake dials that are being disseminated to unsuspecting collectors. Some are not that great, but some are quite good. Notice that the forgers are even making simulated wear on the dials, down to worn minute markers along the edge of the dial. (Like would naturally occur on a used dial)

The dials apparently are being printed on original plates of varying make such as Beyeler, Singer, etc. Its not confirmed wether the plates are really genuine, or just appear to be genuine.

There are many pics here, so I will again break them down.

****UPDATE****

Gents-

There have been very high quality fake gilt and 3-6-9 dials that have been floating around for some time. I was sent these pics earlier this year, and have decided to share them all with you here, as I have seen these watches coming to market recently. They are very good quality, and come in all sorts of variations. They are not perfect, but very very close. It appears that several of these have surfaced in Europe, and are being sold as genuine.

Please be very careful when you are buying these types of watches, especially considering the dollars involved now.

As there are many pics, I'll break them down and attach them to this thread.
Last edited by VintageRolexForum on August 1st, 2014, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 31st, 2014, 3:25 pm #2

July 31st, 2014, 3:27 pm #3

****UPDATE****

I have amended the title of this thread and have added more pictures of even more high quality fake dials that are being disseminated to unsuspecting collectors. Some are not that great, but some are quite good. Notice that the forgers are even making simulated wear on the dials, down to worn minute markers along the edge of the dial. (Like would naturally occur on a used dial)

The dials apparently are being printed on original plates of varying make such as Beyeler, Singer, etc. Its not confirmed wether the plates are really genuine, or just appear to be genuine.

****UPDATE****

Gents-

There have been very high quality fake gilt and 3-6-9 dials that have been floating around for some time. I was sent these pics earlier this year, and have decided to share them all with you here, as I have seen these watches coming to market recently. They are very good quality, and come in all sorts of variations. They are not perfect, but very very close. It appears that several of these have surfaced in Europe, and are being sold as genuine.

Please be very careful when you are buying these types of watches, especially considering the dollars involved now.

July 31st, 2014, 3:28 pm #4

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

July 31st, 2014, 3:51 pm #5

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

good job, thank you very much for sharing, Eric (nt)

July 31st, 2014, 4:01 pm #6

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

thank you Sir...(nt)

July 31st, 2014, 4:02 pm #7

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

Thanks Eric-- super!!!

July 31st, 2014, 4:19 pm #8

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

Thanks Eric, i have heard of some in the uk.

July 31st, 2014, 4:24 pm #9

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

Good to know, thanks Eric!

July 31st, 2014, 5:00 pm #10

****UPDATE****

****UPDATE****

Gents-

We urgently need more transparancy in the Rolex market.
This is helpful and appreciated! Best Edmond