Pretty In Pink - Omega Vs Rolex - You decide >

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Pretty In Pink - Omega Vs Rolex - You decide >

June 20th, 2012, 9:55 am #1

Met up with another collector buddy here in Bangkok this afternoon for a few hours and knowing what a nut he is for Pink Gold watches I thought I would take one of my big guns along. However yet again he has completely stunned me with a couple of super rare and amazing watches. Take a look :

The first watch is a 1956 Pink Gold Omega Seamaster Melbourne Olympics. The story goes that Omega made these watches with special Olympic dials and started shipping them out to the dealers. However there was almost an immediate re-call as it transpired that they did not have permission to use the Olympic logo on the dial. So they were all pulled back and reissued with standard Omega XV1 dials. This watch is an incredible enamel Olympic dial watch that was sold before they had a chance to send back.

You gotta love Omega for the attention to detail on their Enamel watches - this rarity is a real pearler!

Then if that wasn't enough, he then pulls out super stunning and equally scarce Omega Chronometer from 1945. Again, they don't come much better than this:

Anyway best I could produce today was my LNOS pink 1802 Sigma Qaboos: Not a bad showing but I do feel I was bettered

If this is not bad enough, the last time I went into pink battle with him with one of my big guns he pulled this shit on me:

I do love Rolex Vintage watches - but you gotta hand it to Omega - they made some pretty nice stuff. I sometimes wonder wether I am collecting the right brand.

What does the forum think of these special Vintage Omegas?

Steve

June 20th, 2012, 11:28 am #2

But for me, Omega wins just by a little, it's hard to beat that Chronometre RG. I can only afford the stainless steel and gold capped stuff though.

June 20th, 2012, 12:45 pm #3

Met up with another collector buddy here in Bangkok this afternoon for a few hours and knowing what a nut he is for Pink Gold watches I thought I would take one of my big guns along. However yet again he has completely stunned me with a couple of super rare and amazing watches. Take a look :

The first watch is a 1956 Pink Gold Omega Seamaster Melbourne Olympics. The story goes that Omega made these watches with special Olympic dials and started shipping them out to the dealers. However there was almost an immediate re-call as it transpired that they did not have permission to use the Olympic logo on the dial. So they were all pulled back and reissued with standard Omega XV1 dials. This watch is an incredible enamel Olympic dial watch that was sold before they had a chance to send back.

You gotta love Omega for the attention to detail on their Enamel watches - this rarity is a real pearler!

Then if that wasn't enough, he then pulls out super stunning and equally scarce Omega Chronometer from 1945. Again, they don't come much better than this:

Anyway best I could produce today was my LNOS pink 1802 Sigma Qaboos: Not a bad showing but I do feel I was bettered

If this is not bad enough, the last time I went into pink battle with him with one of my big guns he pulled this shit on me:

I do love Rolex Vintage watches - but you gotta hand it to Omega - they made some pretty nice stuff. I sometimes wonder wether I am collecting the right brand.

Steve
Omega did make nice watches, but your 1802 is super---regards

June 20th, 2012, 1:10 pm #4

Steve
my answer: omega. kind regards. achim

Karl
Karl

June 20th, 2012, 1:17 pm #5

Steve
both do it for me.. like loving all your children each in a unique way

June 20th, 2012, 1:25 pm #6

Steve
I have to go for the last shot. What a wonderful dial on the Omega.

June 20th, 2012, 1:32 pm #7

without any question your superb 1802

June 20th, 2012, 6:11 pm #8

Steve
but on this occasion the Omegas have the edge.

regards

John

June 20th, 2012, 6:15 pm #9

Steve
If I would have the choice I would never pick one of the O's. Rolex design is much more interesting and cool.

June 20th, 2012, 6:16 pm #10

Steve
PG 4467 Datejust

Regards from Toronto... Andrew