OT - Thoughts on the passing of Steve Jobs...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

OT - Thoughts on the passing of Steve Jobs...

John Ireland
John Ireland

October 6th, 2011, 6:22 am #1

I've never owned an Apple product...it was always a "someday I'll try one of those...whatevers"...yet I always was impressed watching Steve Jobs take the stage and present his latest dream and passion. If the true measure of success is loving what you do then Mr. Jobs gave the world a wonderful example of how to live life success-fully. John Ireland

October 6th, 2011, 6:38 am #2

of the IT Industry. As someone who works in the IT industry,I know exactly what impact this man has on ordinary people;he changed their views on and their attitude towards Information Technology.His legacy as an All Time Great is secure.

RIP.

October 6th, 2011, 7:05 am #3

I've never owned an Apple product...it was always a "someday I'll try one of those...whatevers"...yet I always was impressed watching Steve Jobs take the stage and present his latest dream and passion. If the true measure of success is loving what you do then Mr. Jobs gave the world a wonderful example of how to live life success-fully. John Ireland
My 1st computer was an Apple IIe and my techie dad bought all the components in Singapore - assembled them from scratch for me & brother. I can still remember vividly the Space Invader games, the green "LV" monochrome screen and the retro 5 1/4 " floppy diskettes. & chunky external drive

It was awesome and it was an Apple who brought affordability in home computing to the masses. Then after, it went to a doldrums with me and never own another Apple product until my iPhone came along. That was a lapse of 2 decades between my 1st and 2nd Apple product!

Why do I come back to Apple? It was Steve & his team's visionary products that caught my fancy again!

RIP Steve. Thanks for for my 1st DIY PC (thanks to my good old dad) & I still have it in my attic.
Last edited by LunetteVerde on October 6th, 2011, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 6th, 2011, 9:04 am #4

... makes me sad! A Genius and one of the real BIG GUYS of this planet left us !

Andrew
Andrew

October 6th, 2011, 9:12 am #5

NT

October 6th, 2011, 10:32 am #6

Genius and a PASSIONATE Visionary.

October 6th, 2011, 12:34 pm #7

Sad. I've been a mac user for 16 years.

Behind my LV a MacBook Air.

October 6th, 2011, 2:41 pm #8

...only wish he had a normal lifespan to see what else he would have come up with.
Like Henry Ford or Robert Oppenheimer, Steve Jobs was a true visionary who unleashed forces upon the world that could not have been foreseen and changed it forever.
RIP,
T.

October 6th, 2011, 4:14 pm #9

he has inspired a new generation of people to carry on his work and passion.

October 6th, 2011, 6:46 pm #10

From his speech at Stanford.

www.ted.com/talks/steve_jobs_how_to_liv ... u_die.html