OT: Question regarding strange marks on old Speedy ==>

Vintage Rolex Discussion

OT: Question regarding strange marks on old Speedy ==>

August 6th, 2012, 2:40 pm #1

Hopefully that post will not be deleted....

I have a nice brown Speedmaster and I wonder if there is any meaning for the marks that are on two of the lugs:

[/IMG]

They look like an old "4" or an old "7" depending from what angle you look at them- only on both lower lugs and vice versa to the other lug...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

And yes, for a teaser....

[/IMG]

Wonder if that is just coincidence or if someone knows where these marks come from...

Thank you!!

Michael

August 6th, 2012, 2:44 pm #2

here is mine, from 1969, what serial is yours???

August 6th, 2012, 2:50 pm #3

Yes, from 1969 as well..... (nt)

August 6th, 2012, 5:39 pm #4

I have a nice brown Speedmaster and I wonder if there is any meaning for the marks that are on two of the lugs:

[/IMG]

They look like an old "4" or an old "7" depending from what angle you look at them- only on both lower lugs and vice versa to the other lug...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Wonder if that is just coincidence or if someone knows where these marks come from...

Thank you!!

Michael
[/IMG]

August 6th, 2012, 9:16 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you!!

Michael

Nice Speedmasters everyone.

August 7th, 2012, 12:54 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you!!

Michael
Looks like it was held in a vice with no protective guards

August 7th, 2012, 1:41 am #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you!!

Michael
nice dial. kind regards. achim

August 8th, 2012, 2:23 pm #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you!!

Michael
Don't know where marks came from, but it's fantastic---big WOW