OT : Chill Out Bali Part 2/2 (with uber health warnings)

Vintage Rolex Discussion

OT : Chill Out Bali Part 2/2 (with uber health warnings)

May 6th, 2012, 7:21 am #1

Ok guys, here is the last part of the family Bali holiday and it burned the whole morning :-/ BUT its great to know you
guys enjoyed this post like we did in the beautiful island

Health warning : I shall not be responsible for any sudden intake of carbo nor spike in calories nor uncontrollable urge to eat....

AND I had to setup a separate Photobucket account to replace the other account that is almost maxed out :-/

Day #3

Good morning good morning....

Hello breakfast

En route to the "infamous" Kuta beach

Kuta beach!

Then to the wholesale market place nearby

All that shopping does works out a great appetite. The driver brought us a local restaurant that serves
authentic local cruisine. The interior of the place rocks man!

Then we head to the famous surfing region of Uluwatu

A special Geeday to our mates in Down Under!

Then we head to the nearby temple on the cliff (cant recall the name)

The sun was unforgiving although its a great clear day and the long trekking pretty much pointed out that I need to
hit the gym soon... Another great meal that met our expectation waited for us in the villa

One last shot of the villa at night

Day #4

Man on man, woke up with an annoying itch on my feet and guess how it looks like
Could be some sandflies or insects that got to me but it aint going to spoil my last day in Bali

Another breakfast of the Titans Hahaha! Balinese fried rice & noodles

First stop of the day on the way to Bedugul was Pura Taman Ayun (the floating temple)

Enroute to the strawberry farm

Yes, they grow strawberries here and the kids enjoyed a field day picking up the fruits. Priceless!

The fresh picked strawberries was Rp40k per kg (US$4) and same price for the freshly squuezed juice

We opted for a more local joint of roast pork rice and the guide had their favourite place. Rp15K (US$1.50) is cheap spicy lunch

We head to Tanah Lot to watch the sunset of the hanging temple by the cliff but before that, some last minute window shopping

It was very crowded in Tanah Lot with tons of sweaty tourists jostling for every single inch of space for that perfect sunset
shot so we gave up as the kids are not enjoying it. We head to Echo Beach which dont have a cliff temple but a good view (minus the crowds)

Let the show begin..................

Cheers Bali!

Mexican fare at reasonable cafe when you still taste the sea mist from the dining table

Day #5

Packing up day and with a heavy heart

Picked up this on a billboard I would replace that with less "trolls" HAHHAHAHAHA!

Farewell Bali and thank you to the Balinese people has been very gracious to us

In time for a good old Hainese black coffee back home. Nope, its not poo coffee FYI! LOL!!!!

HAGWE guys and I hope you enjoyed this post like I did (Nah, not! Its pain the arse...) LOL!!!!

Last edited by LunetteVerde on May 6th, 2012, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 6th, 2012, 10:00 am #2

i dont know if you omitted in your post, but seems you have missed a lot of good authentic bali food. Warung Madé, bebek bengil (dirty duck), pork rice Eka etc. Many famous european-now-bali-resident restaurants are also stunning stunning stunning..

i really enjoy your post!!

May 6th, 2012, 11:47 am #3

Ok guys, here is the last part of the family Bali holiday and it burned the whole morning :-/ BUT its great to know you

Health warning : I shall not be responsible for any sudden intake of carbo nor spike in calories nor uncontrollable urge to eat....

AND I had to setup a separate Photobucket account to replace the other account that is almost maxed out :-/

Day #3

Hello breakfast

Kuta beach!

All that shopping does works out a great appetite. The driver brought us a local restaurant that serves

The sun was unforgiving although its a great clear day and the long trekking pretty much pointed out that I need to
hit the gym soon... Another great meal that met our expectation waited for us in the villa

Day #4

Man on man, woke up with an annoying itch on my feet and guess how it looks like
Could be some sandflies or insects that got to me but it aint going to spoil my last day in Bali

First stop of the day on the way to Bedugul was Pura Taman Ayun (the floating temple)

Yes, they grow strawberries here and the kids enjoyed a field day picking up the fruits. Priceless!

The fresh picked strawberries was Rp40k per kg (US$4) and same price for the freshly squuezed juice

We opted for a more local joint of roast pork rice and the guide had their favourite place. Rp15K (US$1.50) is cheap spicy lunch

We head to Tanah Lot to watch the sunset of the hanging temple by the cliff but before that, some last minute window shopping

It was very crowded in Tanah Lot with tons of sweaty tourists jostling for every single inch of space for that perfect sunset
shot so we gave up as the kids are not enjoying it. We head to Echo Beach which dont have a cliff temple but a good view (minus the crowds)

Cheers Bali!

Mexican fare at reasonable cafe when you still taste the sea mist from the dining table

Day #5

Picked up this on a billboard I would replace that with less "trolls" HAHHAHAHAHA!

In time for a good old Hainese black coffee back home. Nope, its not poo coffee FYI! LOL!!!!

HAGWE guys and I hope you enjoyed this post like I did (Nah, not! Its pain the arse...) LOL!!!!
Us when we depart , well AFAIK anyway , still worry about u checking the time non stop

Great holiday for a greater mate , really enjoyed and a nice way to go to bed with a smile on my dial

May 6th, 2012, 1:04 pm #4

Day #3

Hello breakfast

Kuta beach!

Day #4

Cheers Bali!

Day #5

You do love your food buddy. Every time you check your watch its dinnertime.

Have a safe trip home. Rnoud

May 6th, 2012, 1:18 pm #5

Day #3

Hello breakfast

Kuta beach!

Day #4

Cheers Bali!

Day #5

Thanks for sharing. Looks as if you had a great time!

May 6th, 2012, 1:48 pm #6

Day #3

Hello breakfast

Kuta beach!

Day #4

Cheers Bali!

Day #5

coolllllll.....i miss bali too

May 6th, 2012, 1:50 pm #7

i dont know if you omitted in your post, but seems you have missed a lot of good authentic bali food. Warung Madé, bebek bengil (dirty duck), pork rice Eka etc. Many famous european-now-bali-resident restaurants are also stunning stunning stunning..

i really enjoy your post!!
we gave Ibu Oka in Ubud a miss as it was just too many ppl & too a long wait. We settle for a more local Babi Guling at Bedugul shown in this post. No frills meal ))

May 6th, 2012, 1:51 pm #8

Us when we depart , well AFAIK anyway , still worry about u checking the time non stop

Great holiday for a greater mate , really enjoyed and a nice way to go to bed with a smile on my dial
Cheers mate & compliments from you means a lot Alan! (nt)

May 6th, 2012, 1:51 pm #9

You do love your food buddy. Every time you check your watch its dinnertime.

Have a safe trip home. Rnoud
Dank u well vriend. Now I better check my WAISTLINE :-((( NT

May 6th, 2012, 1:52 pm #10

Thanks for sharing. Looks as if you had a great time!
My pleasure Jeremy :-) NT