Opinions Please....PINK Gold Hooded Bubbleback

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Opinions Please....PINK Gold Hooded Bubbleback

BHJ
BHJ

February 4th, 2012, 4:33 am #1

Just picked this one up today...with the intention of flipping it....BUT After looking at it I've decided
to keep it.  Question is...is the dial original? Case has Never been polished, and the watch overall
looks like new.  I think the dial is original~Printing is superb, luminous is gorgeous, and sunk just as
it should be, far too crisp for a redial imho...question is, without the 'SWISS' at the bottom is it original?
Opinions please.....
Excuse the bad photos....Took these in the office the moment this one arrived.

February 4th, 2012, 6:49 am #2

Not that this is a deal breaker. The case is very nice and thick.

The brush on the top of the lugs originally on hoodeds is much coarser than that. It is very nicely done though.

No serial number on the back...? Strange.

Dial is a refin. Fonts are not normal and no swiss made...especially in that era...

I'd keep it!

Same Dial in Sweep.

Last edited by RolexWatchTime on February 4th, 2012, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 4th, 2012, 1:05 pm #3

Just picked this one up today...with the intention of flipping it....BUT After looking at it I've decided
to keep it.  Question is...is the dial original? Case has Never been polished, and the watch overall
looks like new.  I think the dial is original~Printing is superb, luminous is gorgeous, and sunk just as
it should be, far too crisp for a redial imho...question is, without the 'SWISS' at the bottom is it original?
Opinions please.....
Excuse the bad photos....Took these in the office the moment this one arrived.

February 4th, 2012, 10:27 pm #4

Not that this is a deal breaker. The case is very nice and thick.

The brush on the top of the lugs originally on hoodeds is much coarser than that. It is very nicely done though.

No serial number on the back...? Strange.

Dial is a refin. Fonts are not normal and no swiss made...especially in that era...

I'd keep it!

Same Dial in Sweep.

Dial is an older refinish, but it looks like it was originally a Roman-Arabic dial at least.

February 5th, 2012, 2:09 am #5

It looks exactly like the original lume does when it gets to be 60 70 years old.