Opinions needed about about this 1019

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Opinions needed about about this 1019

November 10th, 2011, 8:49 am #1

Can someone please give me their opinion about this Rolex Milgauss. I'm interested in purchasing this watch, but I am a novice.

Thanks
Ronnie

November 10th, 2011, 9:47 pm #2

this watch. What about its asthetics or mechanical uniqueness makes you want to buy it? What other watches do you own?

John Ireland

November 10th, 2011, 11:00 pm #3

Thanks John, but you are makiing an assumption to think that I was interested in buying this watch because of its beauty or mechanical uniqueness. There are numerous reasons why I could have wanted this watch. I actually was interested because I am a value shopper. Like most, I love a good deal. I thought this may have been a buying opportunity. Unfortunately I don't have the keen eye, experience, or expertise of some of the gentlemen on this forum.

I have garnered numerous watches over the years, I feel very uncomfortable boasting about my prize possessions, but I have a Rolex 6538 albeit it has a service dial, I have a 18k Rolex 8171, I have a Rolex 6542 with a Bakelite bezel amongst others.

Warm wishes

Ronnie

November 11th, 2011, 10:54 pm #4

the current market. The economy as a whole might have pulled prices down a bit...but a real deep discount on the 1019 would give me pause to look for the reason why? Even if it is a great watch from a seller in need of raising quick cash, I would quesiton if there is much top left in the market, and also is there a solid floor under prices in the current market and economy, and if so, what is it for the 1019?
I am not an expert in the 1019...but it never has struck me as an A list grail watch in the same way as some Sub models and Daytona models are...and I wonder if the availability of the new model has hurt the value of the vintage 1019.
Enjoy the hunt.

John Ireland