OMG, why on earth did i buy this...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

OMG, why on earth did i buy this...

July 4th, 2009, 5:22 am #1

....pretty much my reaction awhen un wrapping a nice packet from bonhams, must have lost my senses at that auction, mental note dont do that again.... the bracelet, the MOD green re-lume, the scarring, she'll kill me when i show her this

quick think on your feet man, take the bracelet off and spend an hour on that crystal and get a bezel pearl in, she'll not notice it's new, she'll think its one of your old ones....................

nahh still cant see for scars on that glass, she'll tell for sure, quick another hour or two of rubbing and lets get some of that debris out from under it and loose some of the gunk.....

bollocks, how could she miss those green power plant hands ..... if only there was a spare set of originals lying around the house, and a friendly AD open late with a whole work bench......

'whats was that dear', ' big whole in the bank account, no sorry don't know what you are talking about ....' its ages since i bought a new watch

sorry tried for Friday wrist shot, but didnt get done in time for daylight.

Last edited by jedly1 on July 4th, 2009, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SALMANQ8
VRF Member
SALMANQ8
VRF Member

July 4th, 2009, 5:48 am #2

nt

July 4th, 2009, 5:59 am #3

....pretty much my reaction awhen un wrapping a nice packet from bonhams, must have lost my senses at that auction, mental note dont do that again.... the bracelet, the MOD green re-lume, the scarring, she'll kill me when i show her this

quick think on your feet man, take the bracelet off and spend an hour on that crystal and get a bezel pearl in, she'll not notice it's new, she'll think its one of your old ones....................

nahh still cant see for scars on that glass, she'll tell for sure, quick another hour or two of rubbing and lets get some of that debris out from under it and loose some of the gunk.....

bollocks, how could she miss those green power plant hands ..... if only there was a spare set of originals lying around the house, and a friendly AD open late with a whole work bench......

'whats was that dear', ' big whole in the bank account, no sorry don't know what you are talking about ....' its ages since i bought a new watch

Don't worry, mate, I'll take that lump of lead off you... and I'm not referring to the old bracelet!

HAGWE!

July 4th, 2009, 6:28 am #4

Nice catch..... and with the new hands.... killer!

Great watch!

Enjoy!

B

July 4th, 2009, 6:35 am #5

This is a nice catch and after your "restoration", it looks superb!

cheers
regards from HK

ortope
VRF Member
ortope
VRF Member

July 4th, 2009, 8:04 am #6

NT

Cheers

AZ

jatucka
VRF Member
jatucka
VRF Member

July 4th, 2009, 8:45 am #7

-------->

LOL !!

cheers from Italy.

July 4th, 2009, 9:03 am #8

Well done mate!!

Rgrds.P

scurfa
VRF Member
scurfa
VRF Member

July 4th, 2009, 9:26 am #9

..interest rate, nice one

July 4th, 2009, 9:27 am #10

As for the wife - she will never notice - mine never does!!

Andy