Omega Dome part No. & sizes (scans) >>

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Omega Dome part No. & sizes (scans) >>

June 29th, 2012, 4:10 am #1

Many have asked me privately and on here about the part number and sizes for the Omega dome I use that fits 1601 and 18XX DJ/DD.

I nipped in to see my watchmaker this morning and he doesn't have any in stock but he assures me the part number is OMG 306296 and he believes it's for the one of the vintage Sea Masters.

My advice to those twittering about using the Rolex T21 is to save your money. I bought an absolute original one out of a roll for $200+ off a well known and very trusted member here. Now whilst it fitted fine and looked very nice we could not get it to hold any kind of vacuum. For me a non waterproof Rolex is pointless and ceases to be a Rolex any more.

The risk with the T21 is also very high - 99% are gonna be fake and any real ones left really should be used only in their rightful Cosmograph seat. That model needs to be kept waterproof and original as possible IMO.

Also for 10% of the Rolex cost you can fit the Omega item, it'll look nice and be assuredly water proof.

I had one pulled just now and took these snaps. I hope this is of help to those who have asked me the Omega question and considering a T21 as an option.

have a nice Friday everyone

Steve

EDIT: I just found this online:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/OMEGA-306-296-WA ... 348wt_1165
Last edited by 2wsxcde3 on June 29th, 2012, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 29th, 2012, 7:01 am #2

the spirit of passion shown here. HAGWE my friend

June 29th, 2012, 7:23 am #3

Many have asked me privately and on here about the part number and sizes for the Omega dome I use that fits 1601 and 18XX DJ/DD.

I nipped in to see my watchmaker this morning and he doesn't have any in stock but he assures me the part number is OMG 306296 and he believes it's for the one of the vintage Sea Masters.

My advice to those twittering about using the Rolex T21 is to save your money. I bought an absolute original one out of a roll for $200+ off a well known and very trusted member here. Now whilst it fitted fine and looked very nice we could not get it to hold any kind of vacuum. For me a non waterproof Rolex is pointless and ceases to be a Rolex any more.

The risk with the T21 is also very high - 99% are gonna be fake and any real ones left really should be used only in their rightful Cosmograph seat. That model needs to be kept waterproof and original as possible IMO.

Also for 10% of the Rolex cost you can fit the Omega item, it'll look nice and be assuredly water proof.

I had one pulled just now and took these snaps. I hope this is of help to those who have asked me the Omega question and considering a T21 as an option.

Steve

So very very helpful- Thank you so much! nt

June 29th, 2012, 12:13 pm #4

Steve

where did they all go?

Steve

June 29th, 2012, 1:23 pm #5

...as genuine Rolex Tropics.
The double-edged sword of sharing one's passion strikes again!
All the best,
Tom

June 29th, 2012, 1:58 pm #6

Imagine that, we are actually benefiting from Omega's ability to look after their vintage collector customers.

My guy can get them for me but I have to wait, only because I order in very low numbers. If i wanted a 100 he could do it in a flash.

besties Tom,

Steve
Last edited by 2wsxcde3 on June 29th, 2012, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 29th, 2012, 4:21 pm #7

Sounds like it's the time for Group buy...

June 29th, 2012, 5:41 pm #8

Group buy.
Last edited by RLX-lvr on June 29th, 2012, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul C
Paul C

June 29th, 2012, 7:26 pm #9

Steve

Thank you Steve! Nt