OK, maybe I'm getting old(er) but I'm really enjoying the non-Sports models--post yours!>>

Vintage Rolex Discussion

OK, maybe I'm getting old(er) but I'm really enjoying the non-Sports models--post yours!>>

November 7th, 2011, 11:52 pm #1

Like a lot of "newer" collectors, I was first drawn to vintage Rolex for their Tool/Sports models, as they were more relatable to me as a long-time chronograph and diver watch fan.

But I have really grown to admire and enjoy the non-tool Oysters for their elegance combined with toughness. They may be a bit smaller and usually lack a functioning bezel but they have their charms and they certainly grow on you, particularly as one gets to the point in life where dressing for dinner entails more than jeans and a polo shirt.

So these are my non-Sports Rolex that have found their way into my "permanent" collection...

...with a special exemption for my 1016, the original "Tool" watch but one that is still versatile enough for black tie...

So those are my dressy Rolex--now show me yours!
All the best,
T.

Last edited by tomvox1 on November 8th, 2011, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

vn
vn

November 8th, 2011, 12:01 am #2

[/IMG]

November 8th, 2011, 12:18 am #3

Like a lot of "newer" collectors, I was first drawn to vintage Rolex for their Tool/Sports models, as they were more relatable to me as a long-time chronograph and diver watch fan.

But I have really grown to admire and enjoy the non-tool Oysters for their elegance combined with toughness. They may be a bit smaller and usually lack a functioning bezel but they have their charms and they certainly grow on you, particularly as one gets to the point in life where dressing for dinner entails more than jeans and a polo shirt.

So these are my non-Sports Rolex that have found their way into my "permanent" collection...

...with a special exemption for my 1016, the original "Tool" watch but one that is still versatile enough for black tie...

All the best,
T.

November 8th, 2011, 12:43 am #4

All the best,
T.
I will also play

Some of the ones I have

1803 Rose gold

1803 Stella

and few more that I do not have the pictures with me
Last edited by alexxxgil on November 8th, 2011, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 8th, 2011, 1:01 am #5

All the best,
T.
I couldn't agree more

November 8th, 2011, 1:34 am #6

All the best,
T.
I too am getting older, turning 50 later on this year, and am back in the vintage Rolex world.
This is my dress watch..and sorry, not a non sports watch..just a beautiful classic and classy piece..
[/img]
Cheers amigo,
David

November 8th, 2011, 1:48 am #7

All the best,
T.
For me, this insteresing non sports model is a charm..

Steve.C
Last edited by sckc on November 8th, 2011, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 8th, 2011, 1:54 am #8

All the best,
T.
the DD feels big and clunky next to the others. The black dial is the one I foolishly sold.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
and even on a bracelet they don't look too sporty...
[/IMG]

John Ireland

November 8th, 2011, 1:58 am #9

All the best,
T.
Pristine unpolished almost NOS 1957 6564 Oyster Perpetual, with an awesome dial

November 8th, 2011, 2:07 am #10

All the best,
T.
BB is definitely magic and still attractive for me