O/T .... Any Omega Speedmaster knowledge out there ..

Vintage Rolex Discussion

O/T .... Any Omega Speedmaster knowledge out there ..

January 1st, 2018, 11:02 pm #1

Happy 2018 folk from sunny New Zealand !

Thought I'd try you folk before I lose a few hours getting myself up and running on an Omega forum - yes, I am technologically challenged

Simple question .... I have an Omega Speedmaster (145022-74 ST) with a ratty dial. Am trawling through my spares before I put the feelers out for a better dial.

I have this unidentified dial. Singer stamp on the back, rather nice in a patina'd kinda way. I note there's no lume declaration at the 6;00 o'clock position.

Does anyone know if it's a good Omega dial and perhaps which reference it's good for ?

Mucho gracias !

January 1st, 2018, 11:19 pm #2

-Perpetual Knowledge-

January 2nd, 2018, 12:50 am #3

Thought I'd try you folk before I lose a few hours getting myself up and running on an Omega forum - yes, I am technologically challenged

Simple question .... I have an Omega Speedmaster (145022-74 ST) with a ratty dial. Am trawling through my spares before I put the feelers out for a better dial.

I have this unidentified dial. Singer stamp on the back, rather nice in a patina'd kinda way. I note there's no lume declaration at the 6;00 o'clock position.

Does anyone know if it's a good Omega dial and perhaps which reference it's good for ?

Mucho gracias !

As this is an applied logo dial.
It could be either a dial for one of the professional Cal 321 references, or for the 145.022-68ST "Transitional" model with the fist Cal 861.
(Need to see pictures of the dial feet to tell for sure).

Either way, not correct for your -74
(And Lume is washed too...)

January 2nd, 2018, 3:02 pm #4

Mucho gracias !

Where is the SWISS MADE or T SWISS T or T SWISS MADE T ? Looks to be a correct dial in many ways but missing the SWISS part ??

January 2nd, 2018, 9:31 pm #5

contact with the crystals rehaut. kind regards. achim

January 3rd, 2018, 1:36 am #6

I was wondering about that - good point ; )