New watch arrived ;-)

Vintage Rolex Discussion

New watch arrived ;-)

June 20th, 2012, 8:54 am #1

At loooong last I can say hallo to a new watch - very different from my other sports/tool watches....

Here are my short story and some unpacking photos ...

I have been looking into 1655, 5513 meters first, datejust, 1680/8, and a lot of day-dates.
The 1655 was close buy but I lost that deal - story in other thread, when back to search for other 1655 and at the same time looking for some of the other watches I have on my radar.

Did try different day-dates on hand, but again the situation was that they was eiterh not as nice as expected based on the price, or to worn to really enjoy the watch.

Som I rasied my bars and found this 18038 with all the information, inner and outer box, all papers including invoice, service invoice, replacement dial, tags and everything.

Price was OK for a unworn 1979 watch - braclet is so sharp that it will cut you.

Unpackeing here .....

And the the watch with all the extras ...

And last some quick and dirty watch shoot - before I have the size of bracelet adjusted.

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J

June 20th, 2012, 9:26 am #2

Me likey alot.

Blue and gold is a fantastic combination. It is interesting that the 180XX watches are starting to move into the realm of collectable vintages and not getting confused with the later less interesting double quicks. It seems the line in the sand is getting redrawn yet again

Man this is an annoying hobby - I just spent the afternoon with my buddy comparing Omega with Rolex Vintages. I am forever getting my heart strings pulled in every bloody direction and never know what to do next. I shall post shortly

This is a real beauty,

Congratulations!!

Besties,

Steve

June 20th, 2012, 10:26 am #3

Yes it is very nice

/Jan J

Jan J

June 20th, 2012, 12:47 pm #4

At loooong last I can say hallo to a new watch - very different from my other sports/tool watches....

I have been looking into 1655, 5513 meters first, datejust, 1680/8, and a lot of day-dates.
The 1655 was close buy but I lost that deal - story in other thread, when back to search for other 1655 and at the same time looking for some of the other watches I have on my radar.

Did try different day-dates on hand, but again the situation was that they was eiterh not as nice as expected based on the price, or to worn to really enjoy the watch.

Som I rasied my bars and found this 18038 with all the information, inner and outer box, all papers including invoice, service invoice, replacement dial, tags and everything.

Price was OK for a unworn 1979 watch - braclet is so sharp that it will cut you.

Unpackeing here .....

And last some quick and dirty watch shoot - before I have the size of bracelet adjusted.

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J
Great package--love the watch--enjoy

June 20th, 2012, 1:27 pm #5

Unpackeing here .....

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J
Killer set, congrats m

June 20th, 2012, 1:36 pm #6

Unpackeing here .....

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J
congrats

June 20th, 2012, 2:16 pm #7

Unpackeing here .....

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J
big congrats........amazing look

cheers
Marcus

June 20th, 2012, 3:14 pm #8

Unpackeing here .....

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J

June 20th, 2012, 5:12 pm #9

Unpackeing here .....

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J
Nt

June 20th, 2012, 6:14 pm #10

Unpackeing here .....

More photos to come.

This is a big difference

Jan J
you get a lot of nice goodies.

Great looking watch

regards

John