New (old) addition

Vintage Rolex Discussion

New (old) addition

August 28th, 2012, 3:15 pm #1

I wanted to share this old beauty that I came across at the weekend. it's a reference 5028, serial no. 412*** which presumably dates it to the late forties.

I've not had one of these 'big bubblebacks' before, and I'm quite smitten with its oversize, 35/36mm case and simple elegance. I have to confess I haven't looked under the bonnet yet, but it's running nicely, so I'm allowing myself a couple of days of enjoyment with it before it goes to the watchmaker.

Do please share if you have more info. - I know next to nothing about these early watches.

Best wishes,
Martyn.

[/IMG]

August 28th, 2012, 4:42 pm #2

I like it very much...

August 28th, 2012, 11:56 pm #3

I wanted to share this old beauty that I came across at the weekend. it's a reference 5028, serial no. 412*** which presumably dates it to the late forties.

I've not had one of these 'big bubblebacks' before, and I'm quite smitten with its oversize, 35/36mm case and simple elegance. I have to confess I haven't looked under the bonnet yet, but it's running nicely, so I'm allowing myself a couple of days of enjoyment with it before it goes to the watchmaker.

Do please share if you have more info. - I know next to nothing about these early watches.

Best wishes,
Martyn.

[/IMG]
... Many Compliments for your new ..old ... Rolex ...

h.n.d.
Attilio

August 29th, 2012, 12:00 pm #4

Best wishes,
Martyn.

[/IMG]
did you manage to take any more pics yet...?

Dom - Devon, England & Marche, Italy...

August 29th, 2012, 4:27 pm #5

Thanks for posting. I keep coming back to look at it. The perfect utilitarian beauty in my opinion.

August 29th, 2012, 6:30 pm #6

Best wishes,
Martyn.

[/IMG]
I'm a big 'Big Bubbleback' fan!

[/IMG]

Ross