new addition-picked up a t-bird today

Vintage Rolex Discussion

new addition-picked up a t-bird today

March 31st, 2012, 3:55 pm #1

hi gang!

nothing terribly exciting but since i didnt have one in my datejust collection until now i thought i would post some pics of the thunderbird i got today from a friend of a friend. it's from 1972 and been around the block a few times but still looking pretty good i think. altho its been serviced and polished in the past the lugs still seem to be fairly thick? the bezel is still nice and sharp and not polished smooth. the original dial and hands are pristine and the bracelet was replaced with a d-link during a service interval a few years ago and still has minimal stretch. comments welcome and have a nice weekend!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city

March 31st, 2012, 4:38 pm #2

I really like these.

Yours seems like a good one, a litte polished is in my book no problem as long there's not too much. And yours isn't

Congratulations!

March 31st, 2012, 4:54 pm #3

hi gang!

nothing terribly exciting but since i didnt have one in my datejust collection until now i thought i would post some pics of the thunderbird i got today from a friend of a friend. it's from 1972 and been around the block a few times but still looking pretty good i think. altho its been serviced and polished in the past the lugs still seem to be fairly thick? the bezel is still nice and sharp and not polished smooth. the original dial and hands are pristine and the bracelet was replaced with a d-link during a service interval a few years ago and still has minimal stretch. comments welcome and have a nice weekend!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
nt

March 31st, 2012, 5:52 pm #4

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
Like it left the factory yesterday...

March 31st, 2012, 6:15 pm #5

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
the dial / hands are Yummy

Congrats

Godspeed

ag

March 31st, 2012, 7:42 pm #6

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
Very nice & in great condition---enjoy--regards

March 31st, 2012, 10:54 pm #7

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
good looking watch...congrats!!

April 1st, 2012, 12:29 am #8

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
Pagbati Janice !!!! (nt)

April 1st, 2012, 3:10 am #9

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
you did good to find one as crisp and tight as that - I would have jumped all over it also.

Well done Janice!

Steve...

April 1st, 2012, 10:04 am #10

hi gang!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

janice

cebu city
Had a few early 6609 steel and bimetal pieces much more interesting than the DJ they are based on.

Nice watch with a classic movement

regards

John