Need Help to save 1655 Bezel

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Need Help to save 1655 Bezel

November 6th, 2011, 8:21 am #1

Hi VRF ,

I'm in problem that by local watchmakers to trun my origianl 1655 bezel into like a fake one (totally BAD fake) , Originally i asked him to fill up ink onto the faded out numbers to make all visible , however he polished all out and re-build the font in his way ! I got a shock when i got it back !
Here would like to have some expert to teach me if some shops could do it back as the font like in the pass to save this bezel ??
The pic 1-3 is original face with the font
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
The Pic 3-5 was after polished and re-build the font
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hear your expert's help

Best Regards and thanks to VRF
Rick

November 6th, 2011, 9:50 am #2

I think he returned an aftermarket bezel and kept the genuine.

November 6th, 2011, 10:29 am #3

nt.

November 6th, 2011, 12:56 pm #4

If you compare the interior thickness and edges of both the bezels it doesn't look like anything could have been polished off, IMO. The "polished" bezel looks as thick as it did when it went in from the pics. If that is your original bezel though, I think it's dead. Bummer.

November 6th, 2011, 1:35 pm #5

i have compared it because i have a later version authentic bezel on my 1655 , from the edge "the shiny" part , it is thinner as below pic ! Also i found some of the number such like 4 , 6 which it still have some mark from the old number , i mean the new engrave number is not cover well to the old number .
This is let me think he did polished my bezel and re engrave the numbers on to my bezel ! However , it is not correct font as original .

[/IMG]

I'm highly wants to know if some of the expert watchmakers can re-engrave again to the correct font for the bezel and i don't mind if the bezel coming more thinner and rather than now i cannot use it which it is wrong font ! Thanks a lot .

Rick

November 6th, 2011, 1:46 pm #6

Post a WTB... Problem solved

November 6th, 2011, 1:49 pm #7

Hi F ,

You mean i buy again a fat font bezel ?? ohhhhh ...

Dave McD
Dave McD

November 6th, 2011, 3:46 pm #8

i have compared it because i have a later version authentic bezel on my 1655 , from the edge "the shiny" part , it is thinner as below pic ! Also i found some of the number such like 4 , 6 which it still have some mark from the old number , i mean the new engrave number is not cover well to the old number .
This is let me think he did polished my bezel and re engrave the numbers on to my bezel ! However , it is not correct font as original .

[/IMG]

I'm highly wants to know if some of the expert watchmakers can re-engrave again to the correct font for the bezel and i don't mind if the bezel coming more thinner and rather than now i cannot use it which it is wrong font ! Thanks a lot .

Rick
Yeah, From this pic it looks like you're right about the polishing, but I still think that bezel is no good anymore. I'd buy a used one from someone.

November 6th, 2011, 4:26 pm #9

Thank you DM , will try to looking for a new bezel of Fat Font , thanks . Rick

November 6th, 2011, 5:08 pm #10

make sure u purchase the correct period bezel for your 1655,... Buy a wrong one & its equally no good.